The Israel-Hamas War

Can we just be honest? We're talking about a land where the claims go back literally thousands of years, two extremes of leadership who both want the other side exterminated, and the least vocal people stuck in the middle and suffering the consequences. 

And both the IDF and Hamas have proven themselves unreliable reporters of their own actions. 

Pick sides at your peril. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3
17 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Except, as you know it’s nothing at all like that

Plenty of differences to be sure, but in both cases the native population is given no choice but to accept the wishes of the more powerful European interests. 

There were two centuries in America where the native tribes were offered treaties and compromises that seemed magnanimous until they proved inconvenient and were ignored, at which point everyone knew the ultimate end game anyway. You can certainly understand a modern Palestinian feeling like an 1870s Native American.

If we want to argue that one side has a God-given claim to the land, it's bound to be unpleasant and unresolvable.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

18gaza-children-c1-kqtc-verticalTwoByThr

I honestly don’t know what to think about all of this. Israel can’t do nothing after what Hamas did. Hamas is not a terrorist organization, they are the governing body of the country. It can’t be treated like a one off attack. 

But damn there has to be a way to not kill and injure so many kids. 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

18gaza-children-c1-kqtc-verticalTwoByThr

I honestly don’t know what to think about all of this. Israel can’t do nothing after what Hamas did. Hamas is not a terrorist organization, they are the governing body of the country. It can’t be treated like a one off attack. 

But damn there has to be a way to not kill and injure so many kids. 

Palestine has both a large population of children & and extremely high population density. It is unfortunately going to happen. But I think unless Hamas is completely decapitated this will ultimately just keep happening. And terrorist organizations like Hamas launch rockets from schools, hospitals, homes, etc. They hide within the population. They are not dumb. They know if Israel loses it will be because of PR/political reasons (the west no longer supplying aid) not militarily. Although they will get theirs. But they will frame this as a war against Palestine. They want to wear out the Israelis, the Americans, & the west politically. This is going to require a tremendous amount of dead Palestinians to cut the head off the snake. Ultimately I don’t think any situation with any real meaning or “end” happens unless Hamas falls completely. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Can we just be honest? We're talking about a land where the claims go back literally thousands of years, two extremes of leadership who both want the other side exterminated, and the least vocal people stuck in the middle and suffering the consequences.

Honestly, it's not about land, it's about the Jews' right to exist.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
On 11/17/2023 at 2:31 PM, teachercd said:

It is also the hip new thing (for super dorks) on college campuses.   It appears protesting the sun and the climate are no longer cool.

The same people whose thoughts would get them killed in any middle eastern country practicing sharia law. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 3
2 hours ago, Decked said:

Palestine has both a large population of children & and extremely high population density. It is unfortunately going to happen. But I think unless Hamas is completely decapitated this will ultimately just keep happening. And terrorist organizations like Hamas launch rockets from schools, hospitals, homes, etc. They hide within the population. They are not dumb. They know if Israel loses it will be because of PR/political reasons (the west no longer supplying aid) not militarily. Although they will get theirs. But they will frame this as a war against Palestine. They want to wear out the Israelis, the Americans, & the west politically. This is going to require a tremendous amount of dead Palestinians to cut the head off the snake. Ultimately I don’t think any situation with any real meaning or “end” happens unless Hamas falls completely. 

Ya… probably. 

And thanks for not telling me I’m dumb saying they’re not a terrorist org - what I really meant is they aren’t the type where you can force the government to step in and stop them. They ARE the government.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1