The Israel-Hamas War

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Interesting. 

I think this is what was expected.  This part of the "war" has started to run its course and now people want it to stop.  Those people there want it to stop and want change...until the next Hamas attack/raid.  Then it will be right back to fighting.  

• TBH 3

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Seems to me, refugees need a place to go and be safe.

AND weaken Hamas.  The less people they have to "recruit" from the better.  

Get the good people out of there and get rid of the hammies. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
47 minutes ago, Gage County said:

It seems like you think this is good?

Like, isn't this the basis for our country?

Doesn't the Statue of Liberty famously say, “Give me your tired, your poor,  your huddled masses yearning to breathe free” ?

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 3
52 minutes ago, Gage County said:

Joe Biden working hard for the uncommitted vote. :facepalm:

The Telegraph: Biden considers accepting Palestinian refugees

I’m convinced there’s very little Joe could do to sway any Uncommitted Dem Pro Pal voters. Any decision he makes on this regardless if it aligns with their “cause” won’t be up to their standards. Even if he did something they wanted, it assuredly wouldn’t be good enough. It’d be met with “He should’ve done X! He didn’t do Y sooner! Z would’ve been a better choice!” They don’t seem to have much nuance and aren’t moved by compromise or incremental progress. Their fantastic ignorance is perfectly summed up by their efforts to lay a 2 millennial struggle at his feet. 

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Fru said:

I’m convinced there’s very little Joe could do to sway any Uncommitted Dem Pro Pal voters. Any decision he makes on this regardless if it aligns with their “cause” won’t be up to their standards. Even if he did something they wanted, it assuredly wouldn’t be good enough. It’d be met with “He should’ve done X! He didn’t do Y sooner! Z would’ve been a better choice!” They don’t seem to have much nuance and aren’t moved by compromise or incremental progress. Their fantastic ignorance is perfectly summed up by their efforts to lay a 2 millennial struggle at his feet. 

I can see this being true.  We all know people that are happiest when they have something to b!^@h about.