The Israel-Hamas War

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'd live to hear what conservatives would do if someone was doing that to them.

The conservative POV is about what's bad for Biden, and can be altered at a moments notice.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Well, their take is radically different than what is portrayed on the news.

Walking out on Jerry Seinfeld because he’s Jewish is 100% antisemitic.  Waiving swastikas is antisemitic.  

edit:  I’m also against Israel leveling Palestine.

• TBH 2

4 hours ago, ZRod said:

Well, their take is radically different than what is portrayed on the news.

There's a lot of different takes, lot of different perspectives. Up to us to only pay attention to the loudest and most ragebait ones or to dig a little deeper and try and create bigger pictures.

• Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
8 hours ago, funhusker said:

Walking out on Jerry Seinfeld because he’s Jewish is 100% antisemitic.  Waiving swastikas is antisemitic.  

Yep and yep.

10 hours ago, funhusker said:

Correct, but walking out on Seinfeld because he supports the Israeli government is not antisemitic.

• TBH 3
17 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Correct, but walking out on Seinfeld because he supports the Israeli government is not antisemitic.

I didn’t realize Seinfeld was so opinionated and influential on global politics.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 2

34 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I didn’t realize Seinfeld was so opinionated and influential on global politics.

Does it matter? He's voices his support. The students that walked out don't like. That's not antisemitic if that's why they walked out. Now, if they walked out because he's Jewish, then obviously as you said that's antisemitic.

I think the stance that everyone sucks is the best way to go. The Israeli government is a bunch of a$$h@!es, Hamas is a bunch of a$$h@!es, and they both antagonize each other. Innocent civilians are the ones who always suffer whether Israeli or Palestinian.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
15 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

That's pretty much the opposite of naive look-at-me idealism.

If you're wondering why we don't see more of this on the news, it's because it was thoughtful and three minutes long. 

He also mentions something that troubles me a lot: why are the U.S. campus protests getting far more coverage than what is happening in Gaza as we speak? 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thematically related:

It's like we're watching Israel make all the same mistakes we did post 9/11, to a much more severe degree, whilst having the benefit of hindsight they aren't interested in utilizing. If the goal is to destroy Hamas, this is a 101 class in exactly how not to.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2