The Israel-Hamas War

On 11/19/2023 at 8:34 AM, Scarlet said:

One of those sources we should all be following in order to be fair and balanced :facepalm:

I was really struggling with Jackson Hinkle's angle here, as he seems to operate in a netherworld of right and left wing conspiracies at the same time. His bio doesn't prove helpful. Is he actually influential, or just a spam machine? 

Jackson Hinkle (born September 1999) is an American political commentator and social media influencer,[1] who hosts the political show The Dive with Jackson Hinkle.[2] He has also appeared on right-wing cable news, such as Tucker Carlson Tonight and One America News Network,[3] and Russia's state media, such as RT.[4] As of November 2023, he is one of the most viral users on the social media site X (formerly Twitter); he has been banned from WhatsApp, YouTube, Instagram, Paypal, and Twitch for misinformation.[4][5]

Initially a high-school environmentalist,[6] Hinkle politically shifted to an American conservative and conspiratorial tone, instead agitating around an alleged globalist threat,[3] and has since taken a pro-fossil fuels stance.[5] Hinkle describes himself as an "American Conservative Marxist–Leninist", among other labels.[5] He is known for promoting MAGA Communism, which represents a call for working-class supporters to ally with the MAGA movement,[3] and conspiracy theories, supporting Vladimir Putin in the Russo-Ukrainian War,[3][7] as well as his pro-Palestine and anti-Israel views in the 2023 Israel–Hamas war.[5][8]

Hinkle has attracted controversy for his viral disinformation in the 2023 Israel–Hamas war,[4][9] being described as Twitter's most viral misinformation spreader due to his near-frenetic tweeting, even surpassing Elon Musk.[8] His bans from certain platforms were initially in response to spreading disinformation about the war in Ukraine.[4][5]

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I was really struggling with Jackson Hinkle's angle here, as he seems to operate in a netherworld of right and left wing conspiracies at the same time. His bio doesn't prove helpful. Is he actually influential, or just a spam machine? 

Jackson Hinkle (born September 1999) is an American political commentator and social media influencer,[1] who hosts the political show The Dive with Jackson Hinkle.[2] He has also appeared on right-wing cable news, such as Tucker Carlson Tonight and One America News Network,[3] and Russia's state media, such as RT.[4] As of November 2023, he is one of the most viral users on the social media site X (formerly Twitter); he has been banned from WhatsApp, YouTube, Instagram, Paypal, and Twitch for misinformation.[4][5]

Initially a high-school environmentalist,[6] Hinkle politically shifted to an American conservative and conspiratorial tone, instead agitating around an alleged globalist threat,[3] and has since taken a pro-fossil fuels stance.[5] Hinkle describes himself as an "American Conservative Marxist–Leninist", among other labels.[5] He is known for promoting MAGA Communism, which represents a call for working-class supporters to ally with the MAGA movement,[3] and conspiracy theories, supporting Vladimir Putin in the Russo-Ukrainian War,[3][7] as well as his pro-Palestine and anti-Israel views in the 2023 Israel–Hamas war.[5][8]

Hinkle has attracted controversy for his viral disinformation in the 2023 Israel–Hamas war,[4][9] being described as Twitter's most viral misinformation spreader due to his near-frenetic tweeting, even surpassing Elon Musk.[8] His bans from certain platforms were initially in response to spreading disinformation about the war in Ukraine.[4][5]

Sounds like such a wonderful person.

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think I became more informed after @Scarlet provided me with background on this guy. Certainly seems to be a shape shifter to take any side of any issue based on what will get him the most traction. I don't have him on my follow list any longer. 

2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I think I became more informed after @Scarlet provided me with background on this guy. Certainly seems to be a shape shifter to take any side of any issue based on what will get him the most traction. I don't have him on my follow list any longer. 

He's probably not worth this much thought, but I was curious what he posted about before October 7, and his feed doesn't go back that far. He posts an insane amount every day and I'm afraid that's how you get to be asked on Fox News.

But here's where the politics get weird. Is Fox News looking for a pro-Palestinian who will make the pro-Palestinian argument look crazy and, of course, liberal? 

• TBH 2
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

He's probably not worth this much thought, but I was curious what he posted about before October 7, and his feed doesn't go back that far. He posts an insane amount every day and I'm afraid that's how you get to be asked on Fox News.

But here's where the politics get weird. Is Fox News looking for a pro-Palestinian who will make the pro-Palestinian argument look crazy and, of course, liberal? 

I came across him when following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.  It was clear he was nothing more than another Putin mouthpiece. He toes the Russian disinformation line so tight you'd think he is working for the FSB.  It's the same modus operandi now with Hamas who not surprisingly are also backed by Putin.  Is he influential or just a spam machine?  I'd say both considering the level of disinformation people willing gobble up the world around.  

• TBH 1

On 11/18/2023 at 12:54 PM, Moiraine said:

I honestly don’t know what to think about all of this. Israel can’t do nothing after what Hamas did. Hamas is not a terrorist organization, they are the governing body of the country. It can’t be treated like a one off attack. 

But damn there has to be a way to not kill and injure so many kids. 

There is a way. Have rules of engagement within your military that don't condone a bombing if the civilian risk is (insert whatever insane number that still seems reasonable in comparison to the actual current ratio) compared to the target, and if you want or need to get specific agents in specific places, send in troops.

• TBH 1