**** Northwestern Game Day Thread****

2 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

With their back up QB now being announced as starter today Matt Rhule should  join the others being Bo Pelini, Mike Reilly and Scott Frost in the club of our recent coaches who beat Northwestern.  

Said coaches also had a bad habit of making backup QBs look like all conf level players. Let’s hope this trend doesn’t continue today ;)

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

10 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Said coaches also has a bad habit of making backup QBs look like all conf level players. Let’s hope this trend doesn’t continue today ;)

Yeah. My thought is if you plan all week for one QB, when a different guy comes in with a different style and tendencies, you may not be as prepared. 

I'm hoping Nebraska is though and gets, hmmmmm, maybe 3 interceptions, 1 fumble and 5 sacks. 

#BOGOBigMacs

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think it's funny that Hilinski, who was 27/38 for 314 yards last year against Nebraska is the backup. He's actually 3rd string.

I thought this as well.  He wasn't very good against anyone else last year though.  I think that was more of a Nebraska sucked in that game so bad thing.

• TBH 4
2 hours ago, Micheal said:

Yeah. My thought is if you plan all week for one QB, when a different guy comes in with a different style and tendencies, you may not be as prepared. 

I'm hoping Nebraska is though and gets, hmmmmm, maybe 3 interceptions, 1 fumble and 5 sacks. 

#BOGOBigMacs

Hoping White has them ready to just play how we have been doing.  Tackle in space, rally at the ball, and stuff the run.  This QB does have a pretty good passing completion rate.  IIRC around/above 70% in limited playing time.  Pressure, pressure, pressure.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, runningblind said:

I thought this as well.  He wasn't very good against anyone else last year though.  I think that was more of a Nebraska sucked in that game so bad thing.

Yep. They won a single game last year...  In the head to head, we sucked worse when it mattered.  Gotta change that mentality this afternoon.  

• TBH 1