2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

3 minutes ago, BlackHillsHusker said:

I'd be shocked if Nebraska pulled it off

I kinda doubt we even reach out to Ward. He's going to be very expensive, and he isn't a great fit for the system which I'm sure he knows. He might be trying to break the system QB label, but he can do that somewhere set up for him to succeed which ain't here.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, chamrocck said:

I like Ward. He’s played against the teams coming into the B1G.  He’d give us the best QB compared to the old West division teams.  

How many QBs in the portal wouldn't give us the best QB in the among this year's West division teams? I think that title is between Altmyer and Card at the moment, it is not a high bar.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

8 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

How many QBs in the portal wouldn't give us the best QB in the among this year's West division teams? I think that title is between Altmyer and Card at the moment, it is not a high bar.

This is a Git R Done moment. Realignment is here and do we want a place at the big boy table or not. We can’t roll into next year with QB play in the lower half of the conference. Ward or someone like him puts us in the top 3 QB’s in the conference.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

I keep hearing how being in this lousy conference is the best because we make $50 million more than being in the Big 12,...so let's quit playing games and go after Cam Ward, the best QB in the portal by far.

Can we even use that money to fund NIL? I don’t think that’s how it works 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 3
3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I keep hearing how being in this lousy conference is the best because we make $50 million more than being in the Big 12,...so let's quit playing games and go after Cam Ward, the best QB in the portal by far.

It's not about how much money the school makes.  The NIL cooperatives are about donations from boosters, or even just allowing kids to make money for doing their own things.

If anything, that extra "$50 mil" is important if boosters are going to give to the NILs instead of the universities.  Huskers still need cash for everything else.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1