2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

8 minutes ago, Decked said:

We really had no chance. I think we could get McCord and then have more money to spend on other spots 

I hope we can get McCord.  Hopefully we don't have to wait to long to gain his commitment.  I know if he commits to us then he is going to have to play against his former teammates next year which might be a deciding factor as to why he hasn't committed yet.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, floridacorn said:

Dillon Gabriel choose UCF over USC because of Jeff Lebby, followed Lebby to OU, and was presumably leaving OU to follow Lebby to Miss St.  

I don't think that is necessary the case but it could be.  Mississippi State got their qb before Gabriel committed and Gabriel has a better chance to be a higher draft pick with the players at Oregon bc they are already established.  Mississippi State is ok as a program just have to get back to winning.  Also USC was always going to get Caleb Williams bc of Lincoln Riley.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, El Straino said:

It's gonna be another reeeeally long off season:ahhhhhhhh

This is what happens when your team cannot win 6 games to go bowling. If we went bowling, these discussions would have been delayed by a month. Nothing else to do now but hope and dream that some elite QB is confident enough that he can come to Nebraska and return us to our long lost glory days.

• TBH 1
11 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I hope we can get McCord.  Hopefully we don't have to wait to long to gain his commitment.  I know if he commits to us then he is going to have to play against his former teammates next year which might be a deciding factor as to why he hasn't committed yet.

My guess is that we land McCord at say 1.6M and have enough NIL for someone like Leavitt at maybe 400k for longer term QB value. (McCord would also include Flemming ideally)