2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

If Casey Thompson would have had the balls to pull it down and run when there is 20 yards of open field in front of him when there was no where to throw it he could have been one of the best QBs NU ever had. But he liked to take sacks which doesn’t make sense to me, you’re going to get hit no matter what, might as well take the hit getting positive yards. 

sorry tangent about the idea of having a static qb and thinking this may be the answer then I remember 2022…

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Scofrosghost said:

If Casey Thompson would have had the balls to pull it down and run when there is 20 yards of open field in front of him when there was no where to throw it he could have been one of the best QBs NU ever had. But he liked to take sacks which doesn’t make sense to me, you’re going to get hit no matter what, might as well take the hit getting positive yards. 

sorry tangent about the idea of having a static qb and thinking this may be the answer then I remember 2022…

This post hurt my brain 

• Plus1 5
  • TBH 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The thing with Purdy is, for him to really grow into a really good QB, he needs to be QB1. He needs the attention in spring and fall camps to fix some things.  He obviously hasn’t been able to fix those as a career backup here. 

Personally, I'd be juuuust fine if Purdy transferred (along with everyone else in this year's QB room).

But I suppose there's a somewhat interesting 'what if' with Purdy's injury. If he hadn't been injured, would he have been a more solid #2 guy heading into the season, with practice reps to match? How might that have worked out if he'd been healthy and taken over instead of HH?

I still don't think he would've been very good, but in a year like this when having even just a mediocre QB instead of an awful one would've made a big difference, well...

• TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Toe said:

Personally, I'd be juuuust fine if Purdy transferred (along with everyone else in this year's QB room). But I suppose there's a somewhat interesting 'what if' with Purdy's injury. If he hadn't been injured, would he have been a more solid #2 guy heading into the season, with practice reps to match? How might that have worked out if he'd been healthy and taken over instead of HH? I still don't think he would've been very good, but in a year like this when having even just a mediocre QB instead of an awful one would've made a big difference, well...

If he would have been healthy from the start he could have been our number 2 from the start and not HH.  Purdy throws a better pass then HH so we don't know what could have been or how many games we could have won.

• Haha 1