2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

what are we up to like 50 guys coming in next year? 

It'll be really interesting to see how many guys on the roster next year are on NIL scholarships vs. athletic scholarships. With as many guys that are coming in, you'd have to think several guys are going to get pushed out. 

13 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

It'll be really interesting to see how many guys on the roster next year are on NIL scholarships vs. athletic scholarships. With as many guys that are coming in, you'd have to think several guys are going to get pushed out. 

I feel fairly confident that most of the transfers will be on NIL deals.  Neyor, Banks and Mazzccua almost certainly are as seniors.  On a more normal year, maybe younger guys like Dowdell and Hill would be on scholarship but with our numbers where they're at they almost have to be on NIL-for-now deals.

Even without those five, there probably needs to be a few more guys leave.  And there probably will be after they see where they're at on the depth chart after spring ball.

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I feel fairly confident that most of the transfers will be on NIL deals.  Neyor, Banks and Mazzccua almost certainly are as seniors.  On a more normal year, maybe younger guys like Dowdell and Hill would be on scholarship but with our numbers where they're at they almost have to be on NIL-for-now deals.

Even without those five, there probably needs to be a few more guys leave.  And there probably will be after they see where they're at on the depth chart after spring ball.

Now that Banks has committed, I read that people think IGC and Bonner transfer out.  Also still think we should bring in a qb that has some experience and to add depth to the qb room.  Don't know who bc I haven't heard Nebraska going after anyone.

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Now that Banks has committed, I read that people think IGC and Bonner transfer out. 

I'm fine with this as long as our young talent sticks around and keeps developing.

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Also still think we should bring in a qb that has some experience and to add depth to the qb room.

Almost impossible to do.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm fine with this as long as our young talent sticks around and keeps developing.

Almost impossible to do.

So if Raiola gets hurt we turn to DK or HH as the back up?  We all saw that HH has a long ways to go has a passer and DK needs to gain weight and develop more so if Raiola gets hurt which I don't hope or wish upon him then we are screwed.  Also I think IGC is a talented wr just hasn't had the best of him yet.  I'm still in shock that Bonner doesn't play wr bc of how talented he was coming out of high school at that position. 

Just now, Huskerfollower4life said:

So if Raiola gets hurt we turn to DK or HH as the back up?  We all saw that HH has a long ways to go has a passer and DK needs to gain weight and develop more so if Raiola gets hurt which I don't hope or wish upon him then we are screwed.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't want a second transfer QB to come in with experience.  I'm saying it's almost impossible to convince a guy, with experience, to come in telling him he's sitting on the bench.

So, you can dream all you want about getting a guy like that, but it's a pipe dream...at best.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not saying that I wouldn't want a second transfer QB to come in with experience.  I'm saying it's almost impossible to convince a guy, with experience, to come in telling him he's sitting on the bench.

So, you can dream all you want about getting a guy like that, but it's a pipe dream...at best.

That's a good point but there has to be at least one guy Nebraska could go after that has very little experience bc little experience is better then none.  I haven't looked at how many qb's are in the transfer portal but you would have to think there still are plenty out there.  Not top guys but guys in the middle of the pack like Purdy.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Now that Banks has committed, I read that people think IGC and Bonner transfer out.  Also still think we should bring in a qb that has some experience and to add depth to the qb room.  Don't know who bc I haven't heard Nebraska going after anyone.

IGC can stay or go, whatever.  I don't think he's on scholarship so it doesn't matter.

Bonner isn't a WR.  He's a hybrid FB/H-Back.  Not sure how gaining 2 WRs affects him at all.  He's on the long list of guys who got a ton of attention in spring ball and then never get snaps once the season hits.

I would love to find a 5th yr QB who has a bit of experience and is fine being QB2 while pocketing $100k.  And I am guessing the staff is searching for one as well.  But those guys are not easy to find as everyone wants to play.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
23 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Oh man getting Banks is huge. Neyor is a risk with a very high ceiling but its nice to have someone who is more likely to pan out. If they both work out and Dylan is as good with the deep ball as everyone thinks, its gonna get real exciting here. 

Dude was chucking it 50+ in high school and hitting guys in stride. All they got do is put one good move on and he'll get it there.

• Oh Yeah! 1