2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

3 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Do you think Nebraska is going to look at adding any qb's from the transfer portal to add more depth or is just fine with having only 3 scholarships qb's on the roster and hope none get hurt??

I don't think any QBs in the portal will be interested in coming here. Sure it's only 3 scholarship QBs, but we're clearly planning on Raiola winning the job so there's not a path to playing time. The portal QB ship sailed for this year when we didn't push for McCord. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 3
9 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

We are double digits over the limit right now!!!

9 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't think any QBs in the portal will be interested in coming here. Sure it's only 3 scholarship QBs, but we're clearly planning on Raiola winning the job so there's not a path to playing time. The portal QB ship sailed for this year when we didn't push for McCord. 

Good point.  I just think that if 2 qb's do get hurt then I don't know who would they pull from another position to have as a backup.

3 hours ago, desertshox said:

They might go with one of the other 3 guys in the qb room. 

If they only have 4 qb's on the roster and three are scholarships and one is a walk on hopefully it doesn't come to that.  I only asked bc recent Nebraska starting qb's have gotten hurt throughout the years and we have had to go to back ups.

12 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

If they only have 4 qb's on the roster and three are scholarships and one is a walk on hopefully it doesn't come to that.  I only asked bc recent Nebraska starting qb's have gotten hurt throughout the years and we have had to go to back ups.

I get your point.  If we had 8 QBs and they were hurt, I’d sure like to believe that 9th guy could win games for us.  It’s just a good plan.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Good point.  I just think that if 2 qb's do get hurt then I don't know who would they pull from another position to have as a backup.

Dylan won’t get hurt, he can actually throw the quick outs. But, if some freak situation happens, I think Zach Wilson may still have some eligibility remaining. 

17 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Do you think Nebraska is going to look at adding any qb's from the transfer portal to add more depth or is just fine with having only 3 scholarships qb's on the roster and hope none get hurt??

QBs are in the portal because they are looking for legit chances to start for someone.  They aren't looking for a place to be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart.

• Plus1 1