2023 - 2024 Portal - Ins and Outs

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Going home to Iowa it sounds like.

Figured he could get a bag from OSU, Texas, Ole Miss, Georgia, etc

Are you hearing Iowa? I’d read on one of their boards they didn’t think any chance of him going back there. 

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Going home to Iowa it sounds like.

Figured he could get a bag from OSU, Texas, Ole Miss, Georgia, etc

If Iowa, what a strange choice. Not sure they’ll have an OC named by spring…..and even then it’s still Iowa.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

1 hour ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

At one time, he was an Iowa commit. Would be a great addition if we could add him and let him face them for a couple of years. 

After their death threats, it would be perfect revenge on Iowa. He also said he felt like he was settling at Iowa.

• Plus1 1

If he wants to play for national championships and go to the NFL, he will not be coming to Iowa. If his only goal is to become a great NFL player, then expect him to come home. Iowa has one of the strongest traditions of putting lineman into the league

• TBH 1
15 minutes ago, HANC said:

If he wants to play for national championships and go to the NFL, he will not be coming to Iowa. If his only goal is to become a great NFL player, then expect him to come home. Iowa has one of the strongest traditions of putting lineman into the league

Had? The way they booted Brian Ferentz and the way their program seems to be in some sort of  limbo might shake up their tradition there (I hope)

3 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Home is home for some people

Yeah I get the home thing. But a guy that talented, that plays on the offensive side of the ball? Seems he could land about anywhere he chose to. Heck Nebraska could take him and he’d still be pretty close to home :D

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah I get the home thing. But a guy that talented, that plays on the offensive side of the ball? Seems he could land about anywhere he chose to. Heck Nebraska could take him and he’d still be pretty close to home :D

Right it would be nice to add him but I think we are going to roll with the o-line we have.

25 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Right it would be nice to add him but I think we are going to roll with the o-line we have.

Not by choice, if we had a shot we'd 100% be trying.

Iowa's OL hasn't been as good recently, but home can be a big draw and they still have 5 first round OL since 2010. It is really hard to play OL, especially Tackle, as a true freshman and that showed early in the year for him. But he improved a lot and this will be huge for Iowa if he does go home. 

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

He's from Des Moines.  Only about 1.5 hours farther to Lincoln than Iowa City.