Peacock?!

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I will probably keep it around for another few months because there will be multiple NU basketball games on Peacock this season. I’m sure I spend $6 a month on stupider stuff. 

Two more men's games in January.  One women's hoops game in February and one in March.

• Thanks 1

We have Xfinity internet, so we were able to get Peacock for free with this offer:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs#:~:text=How do I get access,take advantage of the offer.

If it helps anyone else, sorry I didn't talk to the wife about this before last Saturday for y'all.  It is a longevity thing, if you've had them for a while like we have.

On 11/10/2023 at 10:06 AM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Okay, I just came up with a more entertaining option.

I'm going to periodically drop into the HuskerBoard Game Thread and see if I can guess what the score is. 

I did this, probably late in the second quarter. The consensus on the Thread was that the Huskers were a complete disaster and might never win another game. I would not have guessed we were down only 7 - 0. 

57 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I just want to remind everyone how it sucked being away from home, have time to watch some of the game….but no…..no sports bar is going to have the f#&%ing Peacock network.  

Everyone else weee enjoying their game….not husker fans.  And I wasn’t the only one in the area. Others were frustrated. 

For $6.99 you could have watched on your phone.

I half watched/listened to The c$%k on my phone while my kid had 11:30 and 1:30 basketball games.

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

For $6.99 you could have watched on your phone.

I half watched/listened to The c$%k on my phone while my kid had 11:30 and 1:30 basketball games.

Yeah….I was with three other people, that sure feels like we are a member of a major sports conference…..hey, let’s go to a bar and watch our game on my phone while everyone else can watch on actual TVs. 

I hate this peacock idea. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah….I was with three other people, that sure feels like we are a member of a major sports conference…..hey, let’s go to a bar and watch our game on my phone while everyone else can watch on actual TVs. 

I hate this peacock idea. 

I don’t know what to tell you. But if media is willing to give you $80M/year they get to tell you where and when the games will be aired.  I mean it’s 1 game a year that isn’t exactly a marquee matchup.

The NFL has a game on Prime every week. And they are going to have a Peacock only playoff game this year as well.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I don’t know what to tell you. But if media is willing to give you $80M/year they get to tell you where and when the games will be aired.  I mean it’s 1 game a year that isn’t exactly a marquee matchup.

The NFL has a game on Prime every week. And they are going to have a Peacock only playoff game this year as well.

I know all that. I’m talking about the fan experience.  

if I’m at home, I’d probably pay the $6……maybe.  But, there are times when a lot of fans aren’t or enjoy watching the game elsewhere. 

Like I said, there were other husker fans there frustrated and that’s just one small town in Colorado.  

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

Purdue had 3 games in a row on c$%k this season...