Iowa Game What did we learn?

TGHusker

We all have had the same lesson for years now. Screw what did learn. How about what needs to happen.

This whole way of losing again sucks but it brings complete clarity to the situation. This has to be rock bottom. I’m not saying it is rock bottom but it has to be for the coaches and players moving forward. We must demand accountability and thus we have to make big changes. This was an easy schedule and we pissed several games down our leg. We won’t even have a chance in future to urinate on ourselves to lose the game because Oregon and USC will be up by 24 in the third qtr.

Use NIL. Get a stud QB, Tackle, and Punt Returner thru NIL.
Pull a Deion on offense. If you’re not good then be shown the door. No coach or position is safe. I’d let Raiola go, the OL was not in sync and continues to be a liability.  I’d target a OL coach that can be a pass/run game coordinator to be in sync with the OC, if you keep Satt.
Get a kicker. 
Get a stud edge rusher.

#25 in recruiting is not going to cut it. Must do better. Playing time is now for most positions. 

• Fire 1
10 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Rhule is Frost 2.0. We will be here next year discussing the same exact problems and issues. Rhule will not fire Satt. We might lose coach white who has been the one bright spot this season. Our QBs are awful and talented players on offense are inconsistent. Our players body language coming out of the gates was that of a scared bunch who did not believe they can win. I remember pelini’s teams coming out of the gates. They had emotion. This team is dead. Rhule said last week that the players were crushed and hurt. If that were true, they should have come out today with fire and passion. Instead, they came out knowing that they were going to lose. Failure of success is a real thing and this team reeks of that.

I think you’re being a bit dramatic. Your description of the players body language sounds like 2017 Mike Riley team- were not that

disappointing end to the season for sure. We’ll look back and question y we came out so flat against msu and wondering if chubba in Maryland earlier might have changed things 

we saw little drop off on the o line with younger guys playing. Hopefully they progress next year- coupled with a healthy RB room and a half way competent qb and we’re a 7-5;8-4 squad easily.  Can’t underscore enough how a simply upgrade at qb would change so many things for this team

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I learned that Iowa in the 2nd half had:

• 0 points
  • 0 First Downs
  • 0 Passing Yards
  • 24 Rushing Yards

Nebraska had the ball with 31 seconds left, and still lost in regulation. :facepalm:

Definitely time to look for a cold beer. 

Cheers to you for being able to hold out that long for a cold beer. I had to reach for one when we fumbled the punt return lol

:cheers

• Plus1 1

I learned that what everyone said after the first game of the season turned out to be true:

• The Minnesota loss looms large today.
  • Rhule and Satterfield hitched their wagon to Sims, and it was a complete whiff.

We'll never know, but if we had a different quarterback for that Minnesota or Colorado game we wouldn't have been in this must win situation today.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

It’s pretty embarrassing.

i hate using the word cursed because it insinuates this isn’t our fault. At the end of the day, it’s a systemic issue- we don’t have any difference makers on any side of the ball. Just below average to unready players forced in big time situations- typically when players r outmatched they rush and press and you get things like horrendous penalties and ridiculous turnovers. 

aka Nebraska football for 10 years now 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

2 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

It’s pretty embarrassing.

i hate using the word cursed because it insinuates this isn’t our fault. At the end of the day, it’s a systemic issue- we don’t have any difference makers on any side of the ball. Just below average to unready players forced in big time situations- typically when players r outmatched they rush and press and you get things like horrendous penalties and ridiculous turnovers. 

aka Nebraska football for 10 years now 

20 years

• TBH 1

On the road...they shoulda went all out gainst WI and ran a play action w/ Purdy on the keeper to win it in regulation. And called TO's to run an extra play or two if that didn't work! They applied for Big10 in 2010...with first season in 2011...so this 14 year fugliness overlaps like a (Ten-yr old )Too Tight Tuxedo! Isn't it ironic...a little too ironic?!

I said 3-9 at the beginning of the season. Mostly because I figured we would get our asses legitimately stomped most games. This 5-7 year is even worse to me because we were in almost every game and had opportunities to be at least 8-4 prob 9-3. Yet we still find a way to lose winnable games. 

Rhule ain’t changing things especially since he’s blind to the nepotism that got him here. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
6 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Learned once again a coach in his first year has big time questionable choices/strategy in his first game and those “issues” continued throughout the year unfixed.  And yet here we are again arguing with each other that time is needed and not accountability to be held

No you see this time it will be different because he makes good speeches

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
22 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

You mean New York or Detroit. Maybe that’s a silver lining. Not having to play in those two places in the dead of winter! (Still wanted to win though. I felt bad for the seniors who aren’t coming back next year. Still love this team. GBR!)

sure, not much difference between bad bowl games to me really, except the extra practices. [wrong thread, but] it's volleyball season anyway