QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

2 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

I was surprised Frost came back honestly. i remember the "Massacre in the Desert". What was that 96? The fanbase absolutely annihilated him for that lost. 

Was at UNL at that time.  We had a party and watched that game.  It was so weird because all us Husker fans just kept waiting for NU to wake up and start to roll and it just never happened.

• TBH 3

23 minutes ago, Fru said:

If only there was an example of a QB recruit initially spurning Neb and TO, only to come back. Guess we’ll never know. 

Well, Raiola doesn't fall in this category.  Last I checked he never signed, enrolled, or took part in practice/a game at georgia.  Unsure how he spurned us already when hes still in high school

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Was at UNL at that time.  We had a party and watched that game.  It was so weird because all us Husker fans just kept waiting for NU to wake up and start to roll and it just never happened.

I was in the ASU student section decked out in my Husker gear for that game. I kept telling everyone that we'd figure it out and turn things around. That was not a pleasant experience.

• Haha 2

I was thinking this morning (probably because I have a son in high school) about how the next few days may be for DR. I can't imagine it being very pleasant being at a high school in GA currently, and potentially decommitting from UGA. If he does commit to Nebraska, I would imagine that the family gets him out of there, ASAP.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
11 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Well, Raiola doesn't fall in this category.  Last I checked he never signed, enrolled, or took part in practice/a game at georgia.  Unsure how he spurned us already when hes still in high school

Exactly,

To add - 

I wouldn't be too concerned about bad Nebraska fans having any impact in this.  Reading some Georgia messages will make a person realize they have taken it way further. 

DR has, at least somewhat, intentionally created this buzz so I'm guessing he takes it all in stride.    

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

I was thinking this morning (probably because I have a son in high school) about how the next few days may be for DR. I can't imagine it being very pleasant being at a high school in GA currently, and potentially decommitting from UGA. If he does commit to Nebraska, I would imagine that the family gets him out of there, ASAP.

Awkward for sure, but the high school he transferred to coincidentally kind of has a reputation for sending guys to other schools. They don't always have top end recruits, but when they do those guys haven't picked UGA in recent years. This year you had Raiola, but then fellow 5-stars KJ Bolden and Eddrick Houston are going to FSU and OSU. Last year Justice Haynes went to Bama and Paul Mubenga signed with LSU. In 2022 the top 2 guys signed with Bama, no one else on the team had big offers. 2021 was a down year as far as recruits and we actually signed their top two. 2020 the top guy went to Bama, 2019 the top 3 went to OSU, Texas, and Florida.

I don't think this actually had anything to do with Raiola flipping, and I've got to reiterate UGA probably only offers 1-2 Buford guys each year - sometimes 0. But they haven't actually signed a kid from Buford since 2013, and that was jokingly brought up by UGA fans when Raiola announced that's where he was going. Not as funny now I guess. The head coach there will probably have it worse than Raiola, he doesn't get to leave and fans are not always rational with these things.

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Awkward for sure, but the high school he transferred to coincidentally kind of has a reputation for sending guys to other schools. They don't always have top end recruits, but when they do those guys haven't picked UGA in recent years. This year you had Raiola, but then fellow 5-stars KJ Bolden and Eddrick Houston are going to FSU and OSU. Last year Justice Haynes went to Bama and Paul Mubenga signed with LSU. In 2022 the top 2 guys signed with Bama, no one else on the team had big offers. 2021 was a down year as far as recruits and we actually signed their top two. 2020 the top guy went to Bama, 2019 the top 3 went to OSU, Texas, and Florida.

I don't think this actually had anything to do with Raiola flipping, and I've got to reiterate UGA probably only offers 1-2 Buford guys each year - sometimes 0. But they haven't actually signed a kid from Buford since 2013, and that was jokingly brought up by UGA fans when Raiola announced that's where he was going. Not as funny now I guess. The head coach there will probably have it worse than Raiola, he doesn't get to leave and fans are not always rational with these things.

Interesting.  Maybe that staff doesn't care for the Georgia team?  Seems weird that in 10 years none of their players went to play for Georgia.  

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Excellent points, thank you! It seems so odd that a school that appears to churn out some great talent doesn't have much of a relationship with the nearby dominant program. 

1 hour ago, AZRaiderH8r said:

I think he'll be just fine.  Given Dylan's history of switching schools annually, I'd be shocked if he doesn't sign, enroll early and is on campus in Feb for spring practice.  

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!