QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!

87skers

I woke up this morning and started to think that bc of what transpired this year with the qb's play on the field this is exactly what needed to happen bc if Jeff Sims did come here and succeed I don't think that Nebraska would have been in the position they are in to gain his commitment.  Raiola has a clear path to play early and my belief is that he feels he is ready to start bc of his ability and bc he was able to pick up 4 different offenses in high school.  Yes their will be a learning curve once he hits college but other then Tommie Frazier and Suh coming here this is the biggest recruiting win we have had for a decade.  Can't wait to see him play bc he is being compared to Patrick Mahomes and that's says a lot.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I woke up this morning and started to think that bc of what transpired this year with the qb's play on the field this is exactly what needed to happen bc if Jeff Sims did come here and succeed I don't think that Nebraska would have been in the position they are in to gain his commitment.  Raiola has a clear path to play early and my belief is that he feels he is ready to start bc of his ability and bc he was able to pick up 4 different offenses in high school.  Yes their will be a learning curve once he hits college but other then Tommie Frazier and Suh coming here this is the biggest recruiting win we have had for a decade.  Can't wait to see him play bc he is being compared to Patrick Mahomes and that's says a lot.

This would be the biggest recruiting win in Husker history.  #1 ranked QB and top overall recruit depending on the service you look at.

Suh became a beast here but as a recruit, he didnt have the hype like this.

Marlon lucky probably most applicable in the 00's.

You might be right on Sims.  Couldn't we still had this outcome and not turn the ball over a bajillion times tho? surely a middle ground could have been had :)

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

To be contrarian... Sims has a breakout year, declares for the NFL Draft and Nebraska is again looking for QBs. I get the sentiment though, hopefully Dylan does see the potential and wants to be a part of it. 

2 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

To be contrarian... Sims has a breakout year, declares for the NFL Draft and Nebraska is again looking for QBs. I get the sentiment though, hopefully Dylan does see the potential and wants to be a part of it. 

I think that even if Sims had a successful season NFL scouts would have wanted to see more consistency out of him.  It wasn't like he was tearing up the ACC before he got here. 

7 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

This would be the biggest recruiting win in Husker history.  #1 ranked QB and top overall recruit depending on the service you look at.

Suh became a beast here but as a recruit, he didnt have the hype like this.

Marlon lucky probably most applicable in the 00's.

You might be right on Sims.  Couldn't we still had this outcome and not turn the ball over a bajillion times tho? surely a middle ground could have been had :)

Marlon Lucky was a disappointment to a certain degree. He played and was productive. But he was never the difference maker he was billed to be. Wasn’t Baker Steinkuler (SP?) a five star?  He was ok but again never a difference maker. 

1 minute ago, Pedro G said:

Marlon Lucky was a disappointment to a certain degree. He played and was productive. But he was never the difference maker he was billed to be. Wasn’t Baker Steinkuler (SP?) a five star?  He was ok but again never a difference maker. 

I think the big difference with Raiola as a star QB and those guys though is how he might help land other skill players on offense.

7 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Wasn’t Baker Steinkuler (SP?) a five star?  He was ok but again never a difference maker. 

Baker should've been left on OL (which he was 5*'d as) instead of being moved to DL.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3
5 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

I think many assumed he was going to be reggie bush for us, which, is really unrealistic standards lol.  He did redefine what a back could look at like at nebraska with being a threat in both the run and passing game.  I think we all had heisman expectations and view him as a disappointment relative to that when in reality, he was a pretty filthy back and would be by far the best back we've had since Ameer if he was on this squad now.

• TBH 1
12 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Yes Baker was a five star but he never lived up to his potential bc the coaches put him on defense. I think if the coaches would have decided to have him play offensive tackle he would probably be playing in the NFL and we would mention his name more.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
  • Mavric changed the title to QB Dylan Raiola to Sign with Nebraska!