Trev to A&M

8 minutes ago, Micheal said:

Just let me know who to vote out just say the word haha. 

From a friend/retired professor from UNL, this is not as much a political issue (although that plays a role) and much more of an internal bureaucracy issue within the Nebraska system. Ten years ago my friend described disfunction from the administration down into the individual colleges. Petty fighting, power struggles, etc. From what he knows after retiring just a few years ago, it's as bad or worse now.

When Penn State joined the Big Ten, its academics improved from around 50-55 on US News & World Report's rankings into the 20s by 2011 when we officially joined. I expected Nebraska to make a similar leap, but here we are 13 years later, and our ranking has actually decreased from where we were in 2011. 

Innovation Campus was hailed as a burgeoning area of growth for the University more than a decade ago. Today it is less than half complete and there are, to my knowledge, no current plans to finish that expected growth. There are no business partners lining up to work on campus with UNL like, for instance, happened in Boulder when CU enticed companies to invest in their university. 

Of course these issues exist at other universities. But they seem endemic to UNL, and whatever issues we've been facing haven't been fixed in more than a decade.

• Plus1 5

52 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Every time God kicks an AD out the door, He opens a window for a new one.

Who do you like? 

PSU AD has been mentioned

KU AD who I think is a younger guy

Jamie Pollard from ISU always comes up

Ed Stewart

And of course we can only dream but maybe...Kevin Warren?

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

From a friend/retired professor from UNL, this is not as much a political issue (although that plays a role) and much more of an internal bureaucracy issue within the Nebraska system. Ten years ago my friend described disfunction from the administration down into the individual colleges. Petty fighting, power struggles, etc. From what he knows after retiring just a few years ago, it's as bad or worse now.

When Penn State joined the Big Ten, its academics improved from around 50-55 on US News & World Report's rankings into the 20s by 2011 when we officially joined. I expected Nebraska to make a similar leap, but here we are 13 years later, and our ranking has actually decreased from where we were in 2011. 

Innovation Campus was hailed as a burgeoning area of growth for the University more than a decade ago. Today it is less than half complete and there are, to my knowledge, no current plans to finish that expected growth. There are no business partners lining up to work on campus with UNL like, for instance, happened in Boulder when CU enticed companies to invest in their university. 

Of course these issues exist at other universities. But they seem endemic to UNL, and whatever issues we've been facing haven't been fixed in more than a decade.

I go to church with a few former UNL professors.  They have both moved on recently.  They described it as liberating.

• Plus1 1
  • Worth a Look 1

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What if this is a ploy by Trev to force those above him to move forward on things he was promised when his contract was renewed?

Maybe. I just watched that episode of HIMYM again the other night and have been wanting to use that gif lol

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Trev to A&M