Trev to A&M

I’m going to say this, I went from being so excited about husker sports last night to very negative right now. 

I thought we had the bad administration crap behind us. 

We have lost the President, chancellor, and now AD in what, 15 months?  

These  were bad. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 3
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m going to say this, I went from being so excited about husker sports last night to very negative right now. 

I thought we had the bad administration crap behind us. 

We have lost the President, chancellor, and now AD in what, 15 months?  

These  were bad. 

Fully agree, the one spot we thought we had stability in was with Trev as AD. Instead of getting to enjoy the turnaround stories and programs on the rise, we instead will split focus towards the merry-go-round of administrators and AD candidates. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Fully agree, the one spot we thought we had stability in was with Trev as AD. Instead of getting to enjoy the turnaround stories and programs on the rise, we instead will split focus towards the merry-go-round of administrators and AD candidates. 

It’s so damn frustrating. 

The problem is, it’s obviously as far up as the Regents, governor and legislature. So, it’s us as Nebraskans that are causing it. 

I would love for these guys to come back and explain honestly why they left. But, I would guess that the average Nebraskan won’t accept it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s so damn frustrating. 

The problem is, it’s obviously as far up as the Regents, governor and legislature. So, it’s us as Nebraskans that are causing it. 

I would love for these guys to come back and explain honestly why they left. But, I would guess that the average Nebraskan won’t accept it. 

For sure Regents not filling the President spot is a problem. I don't know about the internal politics to give a firm opinion on the governor/legislature end. I can't help but wonder if there were simply too many cooks in the kitchen and without a clear leader, Trev was stuck in limbo trying to make it all work. I do wish his dissatisfaction could have been more well-known prior to today. Not that public sentiment would have changed anything, but it could at least help us avoid being embarrassed again had we had a little heads up that there were issues behind the scenes, enough to the point where Trev leaving was a possibility.

This also goes deeper than just athletics. These positions affect the whole university and academics are even bigger than athletics….even though most don’t want admit it. 

Nebraska voters need to take a deep introspection of their opinions on who to vote for locally. 

• TBH 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ok….that can be frustrating. But, that’s a temporary problem. This is deeper than that. 

It's a temporary problem that is indicitive of a deeper one. The job has been open for 7 months, with little-to-no movement to fill it. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

This also goes deeper than just athletics. These positions affect the whole university and academics are even bigger than athletics….even though most don’t want admit it. 

Nebraska voters need to take a deep introspection of their opinions on who to vote for locally. 

This 1000%. 

• Plus1 3