Trev to A&M

Who will get hired first, a new AD or University President?  

We have gone 7 months without any word on a new President and if we follow the same with an AD, we might not have one by the end of football season.  

2 hours ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Everyone leaving doesn't raise red flags?  Why don't we have any leadership in place?

Carter left essentially for a promotion.

Green is trash,  good riddance. 

Trev had his own issues such as an impending lawsuit and that many Nebraskans won't support him due to his actions at UNO.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If Matt Rhule coaches here in 2024 it will be a blessing.

If he coaches here in 2025, it will be a miracle.

You reap what you sow.

You think?   I think you can attribute him coming because of them but also would like to think he enjoys it here too. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Which begs the question, what does a University president actually do?

For one, they act as a quasi-fence between the AD and the Board of Regents. No President presumably means the Board of Regents have more control over the AD (and others) which can lead to the Regents treating those under them as their puppets. The lack of alignment within the system is a big problem. 

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If Matt Rhule coaches here in 2024 it will be a blessing.

If he coaches here in 2025, it will be a miracle.

You reap what you sow.

He won't bail on the team this year.  If we win 8-9 games and the big boy programs come calling, then all bets are off.  I'd like to think that if he has a good say in who his next boss is, then I that calms things down.  A good president would help too.  But, honestly, who the hell knows.  I figured Trev would finish his career here.  Or at least give us 5-10 years.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Loebarth said:

Is there any chance that a certain VB coach is promoted to "acting AD" while the university finishes it's search for first a President then the AD?

Zero. I don't know why people fixate on this. Cook is a volleyball coach, not an administrator.

He's going to coach volleyball for a couple more years, then he's going to go ride his horses in Montana and relax. He's not remotely interested in running an entire Athletic Department.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3