2024 Portal Szn

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

True but I didn't say he had to be a big scorer.  Just saying if your looking for the big man in the post to score to get you a couple of points in the paint it's not him.

It's a snap shot.  Just because he is not shooting mid-range shots in his film does not mean he cant. 

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It's a snap shot.  Just because he is not shooting mid-range shots in his film does not mean he cant. 

That's true also.  All I ever said was he isn't a offense type big man which he isn't.  Nebraska will have the length in the post but my personal belief is Morgan and Mast are better offense post players and we don't even know if Mast is coming back yet.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Meah looks athletic....I thought he'd look like a Frankenstein. I read he's not the best shooter in the world, but we can sure use the help rebounding and intimidating somebody coming up the lane.

I would think he'll help on defense.  

I'm curious how he fits in the offense.  With a much as we play five out, if he's not a threat from the outside it'll let his defender clog everything up more.

• Plus1 2
On 5/3/2024 at 5:03 PM, DGNU said:

glad they offered him- thought, when he went in, he'd be a good fit!

"Supposedly one of his final five"   (for whatever that's worth)

• Fire 1
On 5/1/2024 at 3:03 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Essegian was a great get from Wisconsin.  Sharp Shooter and can create his own shots.  Immediate starter.  I don't think he came here to be 6th man.  

I don't know about On3, but Griffiths from Rutgers was a 5 star and rated as the #20th rated HS recruit in 2022/2023 by 247.  Ranked #1 in Connecticut - which is a pretty good hoop state.  

As a 6'8 scorer on the wing, I think Gavin Griffiths is the best get of the bunch.  I am so glad we added these two scorers.  But all of these new guys seem to be pretty nice pick-ups.   

Edit: Griffiths

Ranked 20 by 247

Ranked 30 by Rivals

Ranked 36 by ESPN

Ranked 39 by On3 (and their super hard & mysterious ranking guidelines)