OG Trevor Robinson

Eric the Red

What the kid probably needs is to be left alone so he can figure out what he wants to do. That probably won't happen. If I were one of these kids I'd make the recruiting services pay for info. and give them a different story every time I talked to them.

By "left alone" I did not mean his parents. I think they have a few more rights with their kid.

it still has him on our commit list so IMO he is still N for now

Keep in mind, the Irish received a verbal commitment from 4* Cardinal Mooney Safety/Quarterback Dan McCarthy today. Why make his announcement and rain on McCarthy's parade as he held his press conference at 5 pm today. Perhaps if he is indeed Irish, Charlie asked him to wait until tomorrow or the day after so he can also have his day in the sun as McCarthy had today. Just a thought...

Keep in mind, the Irish received a verbal commitment from 4* Cardinal Mooney Safety/Quarterback Dan McCarthy today. Why make his announcement and rain on McCarthy's parade as he held his press conference at 5 pm today. Perhaps if he is indeed Irish, Charlie asked him to wait until tomorrow or the day after so he can also have his day in the sun as McCarthy had today. Just a thought...

That could be. We are all speculating at this point. I guess time will tell.

Hes a good one. It would suck bad to lose him, but better now than on signing day.

Who knows, maybe he will stay N. Maybe not either way we will have a great class.

I just got home from the Wal-Mart (not a plug) @ 182nd & Center with my fresh copy of NCAA 2008 (a must have). While trying not to be obvious about it, it's clear that the attention of the 20 or so people in line was fixed on the big guy at the front of the line (Trevor Robinson). The good news: he was wearing a RED hat. :) The bad news: it was an Angels hat. I was tempted to ask him which team he was going to use for his Dynasty (you gamers know what I'm talking about) but didn't want to be "the guy" that pushed him to No Dames (worth dating).

That could be. We are all speculating at this point. I guess time will tell.

Hes a good one. It would suck bad to lose him, but better now than on signing day.

Who knows, maybe he will stay N. Maybe not either way we will have a great class.

You're absolutely right...all of this is just speculation at this point. I look back at when I was a 17 year old and I was an absolute meat head so I could only imagine what's going through these kids minds as they're making life altering decisions. I don't envy that at all...

One way or the other, it's going to suck for one of our institutions, but you're correct on this...better now than signing day. We lost 2 kids on signing day last year (Chris Little-UGA and Greg Little-UNC) who were locked, signed...sealed and delivered...but had a change of heart at the very last second. That ripped the hind quarters out of our depth chart on the line and wr which we're definately thin at, so I know what you're talking about.

It's a tricky business this recruiting...but hopefully Nebraska and the Irish will turn out more signers than defectors...

Go Irish...

Go Huskers...

If you have read the lastest article, it said the Robinsons had visited N.D. and UM and they are mum about what they decide to do. You can interpret that article anyway you want. A lot of people think he's gone. Personally I think he's torn and more confused than ever as a result of his dad. He may end up going to one of those schools instead of NU, but read this quote that he said after commiting to NU in April: "They were my No. 1 school for quite a while. The more I thought about it, the more I thought they had everything I was looking for." To me, he's still N in his heart and is putting up a fight with his dad. Who ever wins this battle will determine where he goes to school.

In the end, Notre Dame will look better on his resume. He could land a 6 figure job right after college. Remember that one in-state that chose Nebraska over Notre Dame?? He ended up selling swing-sets for a living.

He could land a 6-figure job playing in the NFL wherever he goes. Are you saying going to Notre Dame, graduating, and *not* going into the NFL gets you the potential to land a 6 figure job? Not a chance...From a professional, non-football standpoint, it won't affect his resume. From a football standpoint, we're on even grounds.

Notre Dame supposedly has one of the best networks for it's graduates. However, i'm sure former football players from NU get a lot of doors opened for them also. It's not like he will be the average NU or ND graduate. Acadmecially, he'll only get out of it what he puts into at either place. If he works hard, he can just as good an education at NU as he would at ND, imo. Conections wise, he should be in a great position from either place as well.

This is all moot if Trevor goes to the NFL. On that note, i think ND and NU present about the same opportunity of getting there.

Really, i think whoever said he can't go wrong at either place is right. Both schools can give him a great education (with the possibility of a poor one if he doesn't put in the effort), both give him a good shot at going to the NFL, both give him a good shot of having a career after football if the NFL isn't in his future. Both present about equal opportunity of playing time.

Really, i think whoever said he can't go wrong at either place is right. Both schools can give him a great education (with the possibility of a poor one if he doesn't put in the effort), both give him a good shot at going to the NFL, both give him a good shot of having a career after football if the NFL isn't in his future. Both present about equal opportunity of playing time.

Very true statements. Although ND is definately a highly touted academic university (which does look good on paper), it is the performance of the individual in the classroom, service, internships, awards, recomendations, and experience that get individuals interviews and jobs. Both schools have graduated remarkable individuals. Who knows, he could take the Rob Zateska route and just become a doctor.

Remind of which schools Warren Buffet, Steve Jobs, and Bill Gates graduated from?

Warren Buffett: Nebraska, Columbia

Steve Jobs: attended Reeds College but dropped out

Bill Gates: attended Harvard for 3 years then dropped out

All three are very rich. All three went to college, but only one graduated. Your point is?