dan young retired and sells field turf

rb coach tim albin is OC at ohio

frankie HC ohio

craig bohl HC north dakota state

gill HC buffalo

sanders just out at carolina

pelini DC of best defense in college football

do i need to go on

If you want a head coaching job you arent gonna be very successful at gaining one if you are a figurehead OC

until he proves he can game plan and call plays i dont see it happening for him this is a definite move up and i for one wish him the best.

It is a good move for him and a sign that Cally does know what he is doing

I did some research and started looking at schools across the country and the players that have left.

in the last 10 years i counted the number of transfers from here (the best of my knowledge) and compared them i found 15 of the first 18 schools i looked at had more transfers some significantly more. schools like miami, fla st, fla, bama. tennesse, maryland, nc st, usc, oregon to name a few.

why do we have to be so damn negative

first lucky is a bad human being a turncoat selfish baby a man whose word means nothing

now cally sucks and our program is rapidly falling and players are gonna jump ship and blah blah blah blah

this site has turne out to be nothing like i thought it would

i joined to talk about football and get opinions and hash out the games and get a boost since there is nothing until next august but what i turn out to have gotten is as close to a husker bashing website as ive ever seen

i believe i am gonna start spending my time elsewhere may have to pay for huskersillustrated

this site has turne out to be nothing like i thought it would

i joined to talk about football and get opinions

You are getting opinions too bad you don't like them.

i believe i am gonna start spending my time elsewhere may have to pay for huskersillustrated

See ya. Try anything sponsored by the University. You will only see sunshine there.

no i am getting blind bashing of people that we dont know. i am getting the questioning of people

s characters and integrity

i am getting a bunch of people with GOD syndrome people who feel they are justified in making childish assumptions

I definitely am not talking about all of you but there are a lot of you and you know who you are

I don't know if people necessarily WANT to leave, but are open to suggestion. Norvell definately wants to be a head coach, and maybe sees this as a possible jump start. Maybe UCLA would be a substantial pay increase. Maybe Norvell does not like snow? Him and Cally are close friends, the teams is pre-ranked in the top 20, we had a good season this year, and are going to land one hell of a recruiting class...NU is definately not headed in the wrong direction.

Players transfer/leave for many reasons as well. Nebraska has had many players over the years leave early for a variety of reasons. This does not worry me. It does not mean the program is going south, but just maybe the competition for playing time is getting tougher. We will have the Beck-like "play me or I will leave" attitude sometimes, and we are better off without them.

(I was actually surprised that we did not have a RB leave sooner). No worries.....GBR!!!!!

So, what you are saying is that back in the mid-90's we would have been better off without TF? I mean it was common knowledge that he went to TO his freshman year and said play me or I'm gone. I'm sure the program would have benefitted immensely especially in 2001 if Crouch would have bailed.

So what you are saying is you would give in to their ultimatums? Let them threaten you with departure, and you would give in? I am sure as a coach you would get a whole many more such ultimatums soon after. Have fun with discipline on that team. Yes, we would like to keep the great players, but not if they threaten and question the decision making of the coach. Most of the Husker players could play somewhere else, but the ones that stay, earn their spots.

No, what I'm saying is that Tom Osbourne did give in. He benched I think it was Mike Grant? and Tommie was allowed to start and play. I guess that decision turned out horribly. Mike Grant was such a great QB, TO should have just let Frazier walk. :sarcasm In 1998, FS had to go hunt Crouch down to keep him here at NU. Again, look how horribly that turned out. In both cases, the players either did depart even if it was for a weekend or threatened to do so. I guess in both cases we should have just let them walk?

Travis, try unless you are a Cosgrove homer. They bash him even worse over there. It is going to be a long off-season.

Lucky- Hope he blows up, wins the Hiesman.

Keller- Hope he finishes second, only because he is a transfer, by one point.

D-Line- Hope Suh becomes HULK, and Ty continues to run down RB's (see Colorado game.)

LB's- Faster, smarter, stronger then ever.

DB's- Talent on top of talent.

WR's- Lots of explosion, coming in the picture.

Ol- constantly improving, everyone back.

ST- We'll see. (Mendoza)

Punter- Why punt.

Kicker- Who needs 3 when we can get 7.

There's some Kool-Aide drinkin' for you Travis. Feel better. Relax.

The doom and glooms come out of the wood work twice as bad during the off time. GBR!!!!!

no i am getting blind bashing of people that we dont know. i am getting the questioning of people

s characters and integrity

i am getting a bunch of people with GOD syndrome people who feel they are justified in making childish assumptions

I definitely am not talking about all of you but there are a lot of you and you know who you are

And you are making assumptions about people you know nothing about that everything is just hunky-dory even though all of the mounting evidence may suggest otherwise. I don't know if it's true or not but it is worth discussing.

Wonder what is wrong at SC. They seem to be bailing there. It must be sinking, no other reason.

Sorry if this has already been said, but the thread is useless. He hasn't even left yet. A step up, why would anyone want to do that, crazy I tell you, just plain crazy.

Okay I went back and read it, sorry for the coment. But this happens all the time. It is not a big deal.

This thread has woodshed written all over it. I don't like the opinion's of some people on the board. Maybe because I'm drinkin' Kool-Aide. Maybe some people expect the worst and hope the best. One thing I am positive about is that all of us want the huskers to win, we want the tradition to come back. We want to see a young Tommie Frazier being comforted by Coach Gill (93 florida , having been there before. We all want people to fear the "N" again. We want to stop worrying about the lines on the Mizzou, Okie-lite games, and start betting on how many touchdowns we will beat them by. Yes the good ol' days gone but not forgotten. I know it is frustrating, but hang in there guy's..GGGBBBBRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

How many coaches have to leave before it constitutes a 'huge loss'? How many players, for that matter?

How many are irreplacable?

That's not the point, is it? The point is that coaches and players *want* to leave.

But, there are lots of reasons why people leave that don't necessarily suggest something is wrong in Lincoln. I haven't seen or heard anything to suggest a sinking ship, not that I would know. Have you?

Uhh yeah... players and coaches leaving.

USC has lost both coaches and players but I don't think anyone would say that they are a sinking ship.

Why is it suddenly the thing to do to compare the huskers to every other team? If USC jumped off a bridge, would that make it okay? ;) I think that people are just in too big of a hurry to leave. We'll see. I'm sure BC will get more Juco players, some more coaches who have no attachment to the program, and will, himself, be leaving soon. I'm guessing that it will take one great season sometime in the next two years for him to go looking for another job in the pros. Sure, fine, it's how things are done now days. Great. Fantastic. Now we're just like all of the other programs that we used to proudly claim to be so wonderfully separated from.

I don't know if people necessarily WANT to leave, but are open to suggestion. Norvell definately wants to be a head coach, and maybe sees this as a possible jump start. Maybe UCLA would be a substantial pay increase. Maybe Norvell does not like snow? Him and Cally are close friends, the teams is pre-ranked in the top 20, we had a good season this year, and are going to land one hell of a recruiting class...NU is definately not headed in the wrong direction.

Players transfer/leave for many reasons as well. Nebraska has had many players over the years leave early for a variety of reasons. This does not worry me. It does not mean the program is going south, but just maybe the competition for playing time is getting tougher. We will have the Beck-like "play me or I will leave" attitude sometimes, and we are better off without them.

(I was actually surprised that we did not have a RB leave sooner). No worries.....GBR!!!!!

So, what you are saying is that back in the mid-90's we would have been better off without TF? I mean it was common knowledge that he went to TO his freshman year and said play me or I'm gone. I'm sure the program would have benefitted immensely especially in 2001 if Crouch would have bailed.

So what you are saying is you would give in to their ultimatums? Let them threaten you with departure, and you would give in? I am sure as a coach you would get a whole many more such ultimatums soon after. Have fun with discipline on that team. Yes, we would like to keep the great players, but not if they threaten and question the decision making of the coach. Most of the Husker players could play somewhere else, but the ones that stay, earn their spots.

No, what I'm saying is that Tom Osbourne did give in. He benched I think it was Mike Grant? and Tommie was allowed to start and play. I guess that decision turned out horribly. Mike Grant was such a great QB, TO should have just let Frazier walk. :sarcasm In 1998, FS had to go hunt Crouch down to keep him here at NU. Again, look how horribly that turned out. In both cases, the players either did depart even if it was for a weekend or threatened to do so. I guess in both cases we should have just let them walk?

I would ask Dirk Koetter how giving in to ultimatums helps. He kept his young QB who threatened to leave, but lost Keller in the process (thanks Dirk). Yes, you want to keep your good players, but at what costs? Players threatening to leave is a problem that is most likely going to occur more and more frequently. Sometimes, you just have to let them leave, no matter what they may become. If they are the best player, they will play (as Frazier and Crouch did), but if they threaten to leave...let them leave. Just my opinion. Some may leave (Beck) because BC (I don't think) will give in to ultimatums.

I am quite surprised to see this.

Norvell was interviewing for head coaching jobs (ISU). Why take O-Coordinator here? Karl Dorrell was under intense pressure this year at UCLA. The win over USC was huge...many speculated if he did not win that game, he would have been canned. He sort of now has blown that momentum by losing to FSU in the bowl game (which many thought UCLA should have won). The D-Coordinator has gotten most the praise for the upset over USC. Dorrell will be under pressure again next year so Norvell is stepping into a cooker while it seemed he was gaining prestige in his role here at NU...with another good year at NU and he likely would again be looked at as head coaching candidate. UCLA now must absolutely have a good year or Dorrell and his staff will face intense pressure again. Norvell will have to produce results immediately (not like over 3 years with NU).

Going with other posts here...I guess he wanted to move back west and wanted to have the major role in the play calling.

Jay, thanks for your work for the Huskers and hope it works out for you.

FYI http://www.bruinsnation.com is a good UCLA blog site...very active during football season...mostly now basketball stuff...but there are comments on Norvell being hired.

Dorrell and Norvell...I suspect we will have some sort of slogan on this from Bruins fans...if they do well it will be positive...if they do poorly, look out.