QB Blaine Gabbert

he was on 1620 today, sounded like he was excited to commit. Really thought highly of keller. Liked the attention he got at spring game. Says he has called Andrew Jones, a Mizzou TE recurit and another TE from Kansas City trying to get them to come with him. He also said he will be planing on calling other recuirts.

what time was he on unsportsmanlike conduct? I swear I left my radio for like 10 minutes the whole time well I guess I picked the wrong time to leave :( man I was waiting for that

Apparently it's not that unsusual for a new commit to help recruit for the coaches. Harrison Beck tried to -- have no idea how successful he was. I think even Josh Freeman was doing some before Prince got into his head.

But Gabbert being so high profile could have some impact. I would think especially wide outs and tight ends. But what the hell do I know.

Throughout the year, that fluctuation will show at times he is a better player than other times when he is not as good. So he may be a better player on Friday and not as good the next Monday. Or maybe he is a better player in the morning, not as good in the afternoon, and then a better player in the evening. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tom Dienhart's take in The Sporting News:

A blue-chip QB will make things fun at Nebraska again

May 17, 2007

When I heard that Nebraska had landed a verbal commitment from St. Louis area prospect Blaine Gabbert, considered by many to be the top high school quarterback in the nation, I did two things:

1. Smiled

2. Texted a message to Big Red Big Boss man Bill Callahan and standout Cornhusker defensive coordinator/recruiter Kevin Cosgrove.

They texted back quickly. But, of course, the Husker coaches can't discuss Gabbert, since he can't sign a letter-of-intent until February. But, let's put it this way: I think everyone in Lincoln is happy.

And so am I. This is another sign that Callahan is on course to return Big Red to its rightful place among the college football elite. Winning the Big 12 North last year was a good sign of progress. The next step: Winning the school's first league title since 1999. Yeah, seven seasons have passed since Nebraska won a conference crown. Amazing. I never thought I'd type that.

Scoring commitments from blue-chip passers has been a problem for Callahan, who enters his fourth year in Lincoln. The arrival of Arizona State transfer Sam Keller takes some sting out of previous quarterback snafus, but Keller has just one year of eligibility left.

Enter Gabbert, who will come on board in 2008 -- and all signs point toward him sticking with the decision and winning the job -- sooner rather than later. Why would he change his mind? Callahan, who along with offensive coordinator Shawn Watson has a connection to the Gabbert family, runs an NFL-style offense that is great prep work for playing on Sundays.

Remember, Callahan took the Oakland Raiders to the Super Bowl in the 2002 season. He knows what he's doing. Gabbert knows that.

Things are gonna start getting REALLY fun again in Lincoln. And I can't wait to get there, too.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=209202