SIGNED: DE Josh Williams

Somehow I don't think this is going to ruin his career...if it wasn't armed robbery, anyway. IF he did indeed do it at all, I'm not sure what the penalty for something like this would be. If he gives the dude his money back and spends the summer doing community service, maybe this'll be something swept under the rug.

But then again, I'm no lawyer. Maybe this is the kind of thing you end up in the pen for.

Innocent until proven guilty guys.

It sounds pretty cut and dried, and in an area like that where everyone knows everyone a case of mistaken identity is slim to none. Hopefully he wasnt wearing any NU gear while he pulled the heist.

Somehow I don't think this is going to ruin his career...if it wasn't armed robbery, anyway. IF he did indeed do it at all, I'm not sure what the penalty for something like this would be. If he gives the dude his money back and spends the summer doing community service, maybe this'll be something swept under the rug.

But then again, I'm no lawyer. Maybe this is the kind of thing you end up in the pen for.

It's a second degree felony! The penalty is 2-20 years in prison. You don't get any "do-overs" when you beat someone up and take their cash.

According to Texas penal code, this is almost certainly a 2nd degree felony (if he, in fact, did it). Punishment is 2-20 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000. If the victim was seriously injured (quite possible given Williams' size) or the victim was over 65 or disabled, it's a 1st degree felony - punishment is then minimum 5 years, max. 99 years.

This isn't the sort of thing that you get off by doing community service.

Right now on 1620 Brian Munson is talking about the Josh Williams incident and there are I guess a lot of inaccurate facts being tossed around in newspapers down in Texas coming from a source to some one close to Josh Williams. I guess this person that was attacked by Josh was close to Josh and goes to the same school with Josh. And Josh DID NOT punch the victim cause there was a third person involved too. Sounds fishy to me.

And why would someone be counting money in their truck???

All right lets clear some things up....

Josh Williams NEVER threw a punch, there was a third party involved in this, and the victim has admitted this to the lawyer.

The victim was a classmate of Josh Williams, and not just some random robbery. There is some reason to believe the money could have first been Josh's or money owed to Josh.

This will be interesting to see how this plays out, but for now he has been sent to a alternative school.

That article is very poorly written and makes some big assumptions.

According to Texas penal code, this is almost certainly a 2nd degree felony (if he, in fact, did it). Punishment is 2-20 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000. If the victim was seriously injured (quite possible given Williams' size) or the victim was over 65 or disabled, it's a 1st degree felony - punishment is then minimum 5 years, max. 99 years.

This isn't the sort of thing that you get off by doing community service.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

You said, "penal".

:lol:

You got to be kidding me!!!! With the opportunity of a lifetime staring him in the face, he goes and pulls a dumb butt move like this? If it is true, then we don't need him within 500 miles of Memorial Stadium. If this is true, he will be getting his degree from the Texas Penal System.