DT Terrence Stephens

Player: Terrence Stephens

Hometown: Gaithersburg, MD

Position: DT

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 285 lbs.

40 time: 5.0

Visit Date: 11-8-08

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Maryland, North Carolina State, Penn State, Stanford, Syracuse, West Virginia

Favorites: Stanford (soft commit), Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: stargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gif

#32 DT

Scout: stargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gifstargold.gif

#15 DT

ESPN Grade: 79

#28 DT

Assessing the talent:

"Stephens is a good defensive tackle prospect. On paper he has adequate size, but comes across on film as a thickly built kid who can hang in the trenches. He displays good quickness off the ball. He is a physical kid that displays the ability to get under a blocker's pads, derive power from the hips, and stand a blocker up. He needs to watch his pad level, but when he stays low he can be tough to push off the ball. He is very violent with his hands and does a solid job of being able to shed. At the college level his reach may be a problem. Looks to have an adequate reach and could struggle some to separate and quickly shed versus bigger and better competition then he faces now. Does a good job of being able to stay square and moves well laterally along the line of scrimmage. He is a good wrap-up tackler. Displays adequate mobility and short-area change-of-direction skills. Comes across as a heady player. Can sniff out when something is not right and plays screens and draws well. As a pass rusher he can create some push to collapse the pocket. Displays the ability to get to half-a-man and push his way up-field. Will displays the presence to get his hands up if he can not get to the quarterback. Needs to keep developing pass rush moves and counters as he can get stuck chest-to-chest if he does not get an initial jump. Stephens is a productive player. If he can keep blockers at the college level from getting into him he displays the skill, power, and smarts to be able to develop into a productive college defensive tackle."

- from ESPN

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 40%.

TERRENCESTEPHENS10_3200.JPG

• 2 months later...

• 5 months later...

Stanford is Stanford, great education, but football, not so much. Nebraska, great football and damn good education. Big thing to watch here is alot of rumors around about Harbaugh being next coach in Oakland(big mistake in my opinion, but Harbaugh says he LOVES Al Davis and has history with him). So if Harbaugh leaves, I'd say that commitment isn't very solid.

Stanford is Stanford, great education, but football, not so much. Nebraska, great football and damn good education. Big thing to watch here is alot of rumors around about Harbaugh being next coach in Oakland(big mistake in my opinion, but Harbaugh says he LOVES Al Davis and has history with him). So if Harbaugh leaves, I'd say that commitment isn't very solid.

Also, I here after his visit that we are now co-leaders with Stanford and that he may not get into Stanford in the first place.......