Is Kansas going to snap their losing streak in Lincoln?

I'm kind of surprised more has not been made of the loss of Rucker. He was pretty good for you guys last year.

He will definitely be missed. But Chase Coffman is as good or better. The one concern Missouri has (in my opinion) is depth. But then what team doesn't want more depth at the skill positions? If Chase Daniel gets hurt, there could be problems, since I'm sure the coaching staff will want to redshirt Gabbert (remember Blaine Gabbert?) :)

Well, they certainly deserve to be a top 10 team.

BTW Nebraska's schedule is shaping up to be pretty tough next year. Possibly 3 top 10 teams and 5 in the top 25? So much for the Big 12 being weak.

How many top 25 teams does mizzou play this year? KU? I think NU's schedule is very tough, and probably the toughest of any team in the North Div.

Texas is in most top 10 lists I've seen. Illinois - the season opener - is in most people's top 25. And KU.

KU did lose a lot more. 2 good juniors left (Mizzou's guys stayed), we lost a 1st round, 2 4th and a 6th, plus our starting RB. We will be good, Mizzou should be really good. Jury's out on the Huskers. We lose in Lincoln too much to overlook anyone. We have not won in 4 CENTURIES (see previous posts), so I think since that means Virginia Dare was at that game, we will be ready to go. Mizzou will too, they will be in the stands, learnin' to spell their schools name, getting it wrong, but getting it wrong together and in a drunken cursing stupor.... THe only confederate type team in the former Big 12 North will ride again, I fear... But we will see, that is why they play the games (When is freakin Septemeber, this is painful)

I'm kind of surprised more has not been made of the loss of Rucker. He was pretty good for you guys last year.

He will definitely be missed. But Chase Coffman is as good or better. The one concern Missouri has (in my opinion) is depth. But then what team doesn't want more depth at the skill positions? If Chase Daniel gets hurt, there could be problems, since I'm sure the coaching staff will want to redshirt Gabbert (remember Blaine Gabbert?) :)

BTW Nebraska's schedule is shaping up to be pretty tough next year. Possibly 3 top 10 teams and 5 in the top 25? So much for the Big 12 being weak.

How many top 25 teams does mizzou play this year? KU? I think NU's schedule is very tough, and probably the toughest of any team in the North Div.

we can all be certain that the team is only going to get better as the year rolls on, every game will be a good expirience for Bo and the players. With our first four games at home, i think we'll start off 4-0 and that will be good momentum that Pelini can motivate the players with and keep them confident. I say 4-0 because our first 3 games are cake and vt will be our first challange that we'll overcome. like i said were only gonna get better and i think we'll be good enough by the time we play missouri and kansas that well be good enough to beat them both by close scores. The team we have to truely worry about is Oklahoma.

That's why the Atlanta Journal Constitution has them behind only Georgia and USC.

Atlanta Journal Constitution?! ZOMG why didn't you say that before!??

mods, please lock thread. MUTigerFan has invoked the Atlanta Journal Constitution and clearly that trumps anything else that we could add to this conversation.

well played, sir!

i'll bite, i see only 2 ways nebraska beats mizzo, a win against vt makes nebraska hungry and confidant and they come out and beat mizzo the next game. Or if nebraska loses to vt(can't lose big(they lose all confidance) can't lose close(they get heart broken and come out flat the next week)) nebraska will be looking for payback and since both KU and MU haven't won in nebraska since what...dan devine coached at MU and Josh davies father played at KU?

Kansas was a one year wonder. I'm much more worried about Mizzou.

I'm more worried about Kansas because Mizzou lost some key players. Rucker is no longer there to bail out Daniels. The running back is gone. And, I believe that I read somewhere that Mr. Daniels has decided to pull a Mo and show up like 25 pounds overweight to training camp. Kind of makes me wonder about his dedication. IMO, the fat man is so far above and beyond pickle in terms of coaching that KU has me much more concerned at this point than Mizzou.

Where did you read that Daniels showed up 25 lbs. overweight? Anyway, I hardly think that's relevant considering 25 lbs. could easily be dropped between now and the football season. If you are more worried about Kansas than Mizzou, you're crazy.

Kansas had a cake schedule last year. The "okay" teams they faced, they were barely able to beat. The one team that was good, they lost to (Mizzou), and then of course they beat VT. Kansas won't be as good this season, and their win-loss record will reflect this.

I am MUCH more worried about Mizzou...

Unfortunately, neither Kansas or Missouri are worried about NU.

THEY SHOULD BE, be afraid... be VERY AFRAID!

Why? They toyed with us last year and return more of their team this next year than does NU. Why would they see NU much differently than any other 5-7 team? Why should they view NU much differently than say Iowa State? Honestly, what has NU done (other than hire a coaching staff) that should put fear into anyone?

Nebraska has NOTHING to lose, and only things to prove. Therefore, I believe the team will come out with an intensity that hasnt been in the stadium since 2003... and that is the X factor that most are not considering.

"Mary's post was the most stupid."

This is the stupidest argument I've seen all day.

As far as rebutting losses on offense, there's nothing to rebut. Sure we lost 2 4th round NFL picks in Franklin and Rucker, as well as Temple and 2 very good lineman. But we had very capable back-up linemen and we will see the emergence of big Dan Hoch.

Yeah, I think Rucker is a huge loss. He was the leading receiver with 84 receptions last year. He was the go-to guy when the pressure got high. They claim he fell so low in the draft because of his suspect blocking skills, but in that kind of spread offense how often does the TE actually stay in and block? I have no idea whether he deserved to fall to 4th round or not. I have no idea whether he'll make any noise in the NFL or not. However, any college team is going to miss an AP 1st team All American. To think otherwise is plain silly. I can think of several All Americans that played here at Nebraska that were sorely missed the next season that did absolutely nothing in the NFL.

IMO, KU has one of the toughest schedules in the North this year. They play Texas, OU, Texas Tech, and Mizzou. Having to play both OU and Texas in the same year is tough for any team. KU may very well be better than they were a year ago, but I highly doubt their record will reflect it. CBS preseason top 25 has KU playing the #2, #4, and #10 team.

Meh, I see it being a good game, and out of KU and MU I see us winning vs KU more so than MU. Purely because I believe Mizzou has a MUCH better team than Kansas does.

I agree completley. It is going to be an exciting year for the north, the buffs are not to be taken lightly either.

I'm more worried about Kansas because Mizzou lost some key players. Rucker is no longer there to bail out Daniels. The running back is gone. And, I believe that I read somewhere that Mr. Daniels has decided to pull a Mo and show up like 25 pounds overweight to training camp. Kind of makes me wonder about his dedication. IMO, the fat man is so far above and beyond pickle in terms of coaching that KU has me much more concerned at this point than Mizzou.

Where did you read that Daniels showed up 25 lbs. overweight? Anyway, I hardly think that's relevant considering 25 lbs. could easily be dropped between now and the football season. If you are more worried about Kansas than Mizzou, you're crazy.

Kansas had a cake schedule last year. The "okay" teams they faced, they were barely able to beat. The one team that was good, they lost to (Mizzou), and then of course they beat VT. Kansas won't be as good this season, and their win-loss record will reflect this.

Why? They toyed with us last year and return more of their team this next year than does NU. Why would they see NU much differently than any other 5-7 team? Why should they view NU much differently than say Iowa State? Honestly, what has NU done (other than hire a coaching staff) that should put fear into anyone?

Nebraska has NOTHING to lose, and only things to prove. Therefore, I believe the team will come out with an intensity that hasnt been in the stadium since 2003... and that is the X factor that most are not considering.

Great point. This is an assessment that I can agree with. Both KU and MU should be heavily favored over us. Both likely will not take NU very seriously --- and NU has nothing to lose and everything to gain. We should thus fight like dogs and maybe catch them sleeping. Could happen. Yet, the advantage still goes to both KU and MU over NU --- which is not to say that NU could not pull off the upset --- they might do so. If so, it would however be an upset. That sad, expecting NU to beat either KU or MU is absurd.

Maybe this link will jog the memory........... http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272860158