SIGNED: LB Chris Williams

Man, that is unbelievable. Does anyone know how this could affect his scholarship status? Would we still be willing to gamble on him knowing the severity of the injury? I know it would be a jerk move to pull our offer, but this aint Unicef. Either way i hope he has a speedy recovery.

Man, that is unbelievable. Does anyone know how this could affect his scholarship status? Would we still be willing to gamble on him knowing the severity of the injury? I know it would be a jerk move to pull our offer, but this aint Unicef. Either way i hope he has a speedy recovery.

Got to take him. Don't want to F up relationships with Texas high school coaches.

I wonder what the scholarship implications are. If he needs additional recovery time, he might stay in Texas and not cost Nebraska anything.

from what I have heard it isn't as serious as we are making it out to be. It's season ending, but the prognosis was good and he should have a full recovery by next fall.

yeah just read the same thing

Would he be looking at a redshirt next year then? :dunno

from what I have heard it isn't as serious as we are making it out to be. It's season ending, but the prognosis was good and he should have a full recovery by next fall.

Likely is and would've been anyway. He needs to work on his coverage skills from what I've read. They may ask him to be a greyshirt though why they heal his leg, but that is risky business.

Likely is and would've been anyway. He needs to work on his coverage skills from what I've read. They may ask him to be a greyshirt though why they heal his leg, but that is risky business.

i don't care if he comes to nebraska, i just want him to get healthy. not saying i don't want him to, but you never know with those injuries.

So what exactly is not as serious? Is it a benign as a lot of fluid on the knee, that often feels like an ACL? Did he tear something as everyone previously indicated?

So what exactly is not as serious? Is it a benign as a lot of fluid on the knee, that often feels like an ACL? Did he tear something as everyone previously indicated?

From what I have heard he tripped over the yard chains as he was running off the the field and hit it on the cement. He will require surgery but they are saying he should make a recovery but I wouldnt plan on him playing next year. He tore both his ACL and MCL.

According to Rivals he only tore his ACL... Is this right?

If so i would think he could be back some time next year?

That would be nice, though I think he redshirts no matter what. Being able to practice will ensure he is developed enough to contribute the next year.

According to Rivals he only tore his ACL... Is this right?

If so i would think he could be back some time next year?

That would be nice, though I think he redshirts no matter what. Being able to practice will ensure he is developed enough to contribute the next year.

From what I have read, he needed some work on technique (probably the only reason he is not a 5 :star) so a red shirt will help him develop.