SIGNED: WR Brandon Kinnie

Ohio Pete

From ESPN Recruiting...I liked some of Kinnie's comments below:

JUCO WR Brandon Kinnie set for Huskers

The Nebraska Cornhuskers have added a big wide receiver in Brandon Kinnie of Grandview, Mo. / Fort Scott CC, Kan.

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound Kinnie was also offered by Arkansas and Kansas.

He has an affinity for Nebraska's offense, "There's not too much run, not too much pass, it's just evened out perfect. There's opportunities for players to make plays. That's what really sparked me because it's just how we run it here," the Grand Island Independent reports.

Kinnie added, "When I went to Nebraska, they set the bar pretty high," Kinnie said. "I really don't think anybody could top that at all."

It seems what everyone has been saying about juco 40s being fluffed a little is a pretty accurate statement. Jeremy Crabtree was on big red wrap up last night and said that he went down to watch him and said that he probably runs a 4.6 and that he would be a possession type receiver for NU. However he did say that he has fantastic hands and catches anything thrown his way.

Hold your horses gentlemen, we could be losing this one...

In the environment of recruiting news, rumors will happen. One of the latest to rear it’s[sic] ugly head came earlier this week that one of Nebraska’s last recruiting commitments was still waiting on a particular offer and if he got it he would consider it. This would be a huge blow to a class that in recent weeks has added some very quality recruits.

(Scout Teaser)

It's about Kinnie...not to set off any panic alarms, we'll see what happens; just bringing the news.

Don't let the teasers confuse us...just read up on him and he reassured he is 100% ready to be a Husker. I was a doubter myself, but he sounds very solid and ready to play for us. I don't think he would tell one source he's waiting on an offer and tell another that he's 100% Husker, but thats just my opinion.

Rule of thumb with JUCO guys ..

Height: Take off 1-2 inches

Weight: Take off 15-20lbs

40 Time: Add .20

Almost always everything they will report ends up looking like eye candy.

Did you just make that up off of the top of your head?

not sure bout the height/weight but 4.3 40 for a guy that size is rare..most likely a bit slower...just a guess

Ya, i agree about the speed, because i really doubt he's that fast, but i'm pretty sure they don't add 15-20 pounds and 2 inches.

I don't know about the weight, but yeah the height thing is typically inflated. They had Joe D listed at like 5'11 or something rediculous like that. I stood beside him and he barely came above my shoulders. I'm only 6'2. I think the speed adding 2 tenths of a second is a bit much. What you have to remember is that here the times are listed electronically while I'm sure his 4.37 was hand held. I'd say you could add 1/2 of a tenth of a second. This puts him in at a 4.42 which is still an excellent time for his position and stature. If your speed is right, it puts him at 4.57 which would be pretty slow making him more of a possession WR rather than a game breaker.

Ya I posted up above that Jeremy Crabtree was on Big Red Wrap-up and said that he went down and saw him and said he was a pure possession guy who runs about a 4.6 but catches everything thrown his way. Doesnt really bother me all that much with potentially Gillyean stepping up and hopefully Mendoza moving to slot we have a couple guys with good speed. This way he can maybe take over swifts role.

Ya I posted up above that Jeremy Crabtree was on Big Red Wrap-up and said that he went down and saw him and said he was a pure possession guy who runs about a 4.6 but catches everything thrown his way. Doesnt really bother me all that much with potentially Gillyean stepping up and hopefully Mendoza moving to slot we have a couple guys with good speed. This way he can maybe take over swifts role.

I fell certain that he is faster than Swift.

• 1 month later...