Tebow Vs. Frazier

rkhufu7

Tebow Vs. Frazier  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Frazier 3 MNC games in three years, but no Heisman. He would have been great in Urban Meyer's offense, as would Frost and Crouch, Taylor and others!

In the Meyer-attack Tebow is the best of all that are mentioned here with the exception of one. Frazier would have been good in Meyer's offense but Frost would have been equal to, if not better than, Tebow running this offense. Why?I Frost and Tebow's leadership, toughness, athleticism, are all equal. Where Frost excels is his speed, and quickness, and his arm. Even though he had a funny throwing motion his arm strength, accuracy, and touch are better than Tebow's.

Frazier 3 MNC games in three years, but no Heisman. He would have been great in Urban Meyer's offense, as would Frost and Crouch, Taylor and others!

In the Meyer-attack Tebow is the best of all that are mentioned here with the exception of one. Frazier would have been good in Meyer's offense but Frost would have been equal to, if not better than, Tebow running this offense. Why?I Frost and Tebow's leadership, toughness, athleticism, are all equal. Where Frost excels is his speed, and quickness, and his arm. Even though he had a funny throwing motion his arm strength, accuracy, and touch are better than Tebow's.

I know everyone has their own opinion and you are entitled to yours. That being said I think you are WAY off base.

How exactly would Taylor have been great in Meyer's offense? Maybe I have the wrong Taylor. Are you speaking of Zac Taylor or Steve Taylor? Either way, I don't think either Taylor would have excelled in Meyer's offense.

If Tebow comes back and makes it to another NC game, he probably surpasses Frazier. If not, he simply equals him. Both have done great things for their respective programs. Tebow has two NC rings plus his hypseman trophy. Frazier has two NC rings. I will say this about the two. Frazier would have more than likely succeeded in Florida's offense more than Tebow would have excelled in Nebraska's offense in the 90's. Tebow is big, but he's not an exceptional runner at all.

I think these 2 are very comparable players, that being said Tommie is the Best that I have ever seen. Tebow is a special player and he and Tommie have that “it” that when it comes to big games they step it up a notch. I think one thing that gets held against Tommie and as the years go by will be held against Tebow is the whole playing QB in the NFL thing which in my eyes says nothing about how great someone was at the college level. Way too much stock is put into what someone does after college. IMO

So I guess as far as Tommie or Tebow who would I take, I going with Tommie but that is a slight on Tebow by any means.

How exactly would Taylor have been great in Meyer's offense? Maybe I have the wrong Taylor. Are you speaking of Zac Taylor or Steve Taylor? Either way, I don't think either Taylor would have excelled in Meyer's offense.

If Tebow comes back and makes it to another NC game, he probably surpasses Frazier. If not, he simply equals him. Both have done great things for their respective programs. Tebow has two NC rings plus his hypseman trophy. Frazier has two NC rings. I will say this about the two. Frazier would have more than likely succeeded in Florida's offense more than Tebow would have excelled in Nebraska's offense in the 90's. Tebow is big, but he's not an exceptional runner at all.

Ahhhh yes Steve Taylor! Good player, not great though. How about Turner Gill? I think he would be better than both Tebow and Frost in that offense.

Frost would have been equal to, if not better than, Tebow running this offense. Why?I Frost and Tebow's leadership, toughness, athleticism, are all equal. Where Frost excels is his speed, and quickness, and his arm. Even though he had a funny throwing motion his arm strength, accuracy, and touch are better than Tebow's.

Frost was a tough SOB, surprisingly fast and hell to defend against, but he wasn't a good passer. In fact, he was a bad passer. That "funny" throwing motion was a late release that pointed the ball down instead of up. I can't remember why Joe Theisman would have been doing a Nebraska game, but he pointed this out about Frost using replays. Frost could complete passes to his wide-open receivers, often on simple slants, but they rarely got many Yards After Catch despite being wide open, because Frost often put the ball at their feet and rarely hit them in stride. And those were the completions. I don't recall anyone remembering Scott Frost for his touch or accuracy.

Frost would have been equal to, if not better than, Tebow running this offense. Why?I Frost and Tebow's leadership, toughness, athleticism, are all equal. Where Frost excels is his speed, and quickness, and his arm. Even though he had a funny throwing motion his arm strength, accuracy, and touch are better than Tebow's.

Frost was a tough SOB, surprisingly fast and hell to defend against, but he wasn't a good passer. In fact, he was a bad passer. That "funny" throwing motion was a late release that pointed the ball down instead of up. I can't remember why Joe Theisman would have been doing a Nebraska game, but he pointed this out about Frost using replays. Frost could complete passes to his wide-open receivers, often on simple slants, but they rarely got many Yards After Catch despite being wide open, because Frost often put the ball at their feet and rarely hit them in stride. And those were the completions. I don't recall anyone remembering Scott Frost for his touch or accuracy.

He wasn't a good passer but neither is Tebow. Of those that could run the Meyer offense in Frost, Tebow, Frazier, and Crouch, Frost is the best passer of the lot. But this is not saying he was agood passer.

Of the QB's you mention above, I would have to say Crouch during the first half of the season was the best passer. Last half, his shoulder was so banged up he wasn't nearly as good passing the ball. I'm thinking Tebow has a nicer touch on the ball then that shot put action Frost had. However, I will agree that of the QB's mentioned Frost probably would have excelled the most in Meyer's spread because he is just as powerful as Tebow but much faster and elusive.

I just thought it was great to see some option at that level of college football again.

I think we are watching one of the greatest college football players of all time. If he were a Husker, all would be singing his praise.

I agree if he comes back next year, wins the NC and the hypsman he will be considered the greatest, but that is a major task to say the least. I hope he tries it. I look forward to watching him as much as possible.

It is his attitude that I like. Some mention they are sick of hearing about him, but it is not his fault you are hearing about him. Hate the media if you must but this is a very good kid.

Zzzzz............zzzz......huh? Oh, it's Tommie Frazier! In a land slide!!!

A lot of Tebow's runs are possible, because the play calling clears the first 10 or 15 yards after the line of scrimmage. Tommie NEVER had that luxury. NU lined up man to man, and ran the true option right down the throats of defenses when they Knew it was coming, And still make fools of the best defenders of his day. Tommie was a much better athlete, and blazing fast, and pretty damn tough for his size.

Meyer has to scheme all these clear out, draw action type wacky plays for Tebow mainly to clear LBs and safeties. Otherwise, that TE of a QB they have wouldn't be flashing through holes with his blinding speed, that's for sure. :sarcasm

I'm not saying that Tebow isn't great, but let's keep some perspective. I mean there our media members now saying he may be the best ever. EVER! Are you freaking kidding me!!! He wasn't even the starter on the 06 title team! :boxosoap

I just thought it was great to see some option at that level of college football again.

I think we are watching one of the greatest college football players of all time. If he were a Husker, all would be singing his praise.

I agree if he comes back next year, wins the NC and the hypsman he will be considered the greatest, but that is a major task to say the least. I hope he tries it. I look forward to watching him as much as possible.

It is his attitude that I like. Some mention they are sick of hearing about him, but it is not his fault you are hearing about him. Hate the media if you must but this is a very good kid.

skersfan we agree on something. Write it down. :clap:horns2:yeah