QB Tyler Gabbert

I donot wish this kid good luck. I hope his football career is a disaster. I dont want him to get hurt or ran over by bus or anything, but I hope he is terrible and his team is terrible. and I hope he gets thrown around agiast us just like his freaking brother did. what a loser. if you are going to that doesnt back out just do it in the first place dont lead us on and thendrop us with little time left. and dont use the offense as an excuse. ANYONE with half a brain could see we made modifications to WIN games. it doesnt mean that is what we are going to be running next year. all I see is a kid who cares about personal stats and not about WINNING

I honostly think that we dropped Gabbert because we had someone else in mind. I just wish we would have waited until MU's class was full instead :D

I hope your right, because on the surface it sure makes BP and staff look VERY incompetent when it comes to recruiting offensive players.

It's usually the school who slow plays the kid, but around here it's the other way around.......

bo apparently pulled his offer when he got tired of the kid jerking us around. you would think we'd have learned from the older brother, but better late than never.

How did he jerk NU around? He committed months ago. What's he supposed to do, wear a hairshirt and crawl to Lincoln to show his faith?

Here's my opinion (and go ahead and bring it on):

1. A very poorly called offensive game.

2. The following day's article in the Omaha World Herald - DC yelling at the winning team over and over "You should be ashamed"... chants of "Cheaters".... Bo cussing out the Big 12 Commissioner. As soon as I read that I thought "That's gonna cost them some recruits".

the B12 game is not going to cost us any quality recruits. if that type of thing bothers them, they wouldnt have cut it here anyway.

I can't say that this is a shock, or much of a loss. I wonder if Bronson Marsh gets serious consideration for a late offer now. The kid is a player. He is about Gabbert's size, has a good arm and would LOVE to be a Husker. If the Gabberts have another son, instead of offering him a scholarship, let's just cross that name off the list.

I honostly think that we dropped Gabbert because we had someone else in mind. I just wish we would have waited until MU's class was full instead :D

I hope your right, because on the surface it sure makes BP and staff look VERY incompetent when it comes to recruiting offensive players.

It's usually the school who slow plays the kid, but around here it's the other way around.......

bo apparently pulled his offer when he got tired of the kid jerking us around. you would think we'd have learned from the older brother, but better late than never.

How did he jerk NU around? He committed months ago. What's he supposed to do, wear a hairshirt and crawl to Lincoln to show his faith?

2. The following day's article in the Omaha World Herald - DC yelling at the winning team over and over "You should be ashamed"... chants of "Cheaters".... Bo cussing out the Big 12 Commissioner. As soon as I read that I thought "That's gonna cost them some recruits".

I see the point you are trying to make but lets say he watched the Big 12 championship game and was rooting for NU, we can probably assume that. Well, if thats the case then dont you think he would have also felt that NU got "robbed" and if so, dont you think that he would have felt Bo's reactions were what any coach would do? Dont you think that if he was 100% committed to NU that he would have also in a way, felt robbed? I think you could agree that would be a normal emotion. But if he did not feel that, and felt that what Bo did was wrong, then it is clear that he was not 100% committed. If he was not 100% committed, then it seems fair to think that in the end the pull of an instate school and his brother would be enough to get him to mizzo.

Maybe you didnt play sports, maybe you did, I would have no idea. But players LOVE coaches that stick up for them and protect the team and its players. Thats why almost all coaches try sooooo hard to never do the opposite. I would imagine you could agree with that too.

Now, really what I think it was is that the kid wants to play where his brother is at. Thats pretty normal and maybe he doesnt think Watson is going to help him get to the next level or maybe when he was still kind of in doubt about where he wanted to play, the NU staff finally told him, thanks but no thanks. They probably got sick of waiting for the kid.

the more I think about this the more absurd it seems. how is this any different that a manager in baseball getting thrown out of a game protecting his players? if I was in the locker room after that game I would want my coach to be mad. thats him sticking up for me.

the bottom line, we have to get a helluva lot smarter when it comes to recruiting.......we are doing a pathetic job of recruiting, especially when it comes to finding a half decent qb.......what part does Watson play in this? evidently, not very damn much, a lot of kids have evidently lost faith in him, i think we just suck along, until we make a change at OC.

the bottom line, we have to get a helluva lot smarter when it comes to recruiting.......we are doing a pathetic job of recruiting, especially when it comes to finding a half decent qb.......what part does Watson play in this? evidently, not very damn much, a lot of kids have evidently lost faith in him, i think we just suck along, until we make a change at OC.

I agree, I mean what does Watson even tell the kids "ummm yeah we run a WCO", well the kid probably just looks at him and goes "why, every freaking high school in america is either running a spread or pounding the ball, are you basically telling me that I wont get to use my athletic ability and wont get to play until I am a freaking senior"

Sorry, my post was soooo sweet I posted it twice.