Patrick Witt

Does this pave the way for Cody Green to be the four year face of the program, or do we go with Lee for a couple years first?

Witt leaving isn't going to magically make Cody progress any faster or become better overnight, so I would say he's still in the same spot he would be if Witt was here, UNLESS the starter gets hurt, then he might be a lot closer to playing.

Edit: Shouldn't this be moved to the 'Former Skers' forum? :P

Screw the PC bull crap!!!!

He is a frippen quitter, malcontent. Who gives a Rats ass how he does or where he goes.

Get the F out. No use for quitters, they gutted this team in the past.

No more prima donnas!!

Sorry skersfan. I'm not trying to single you out here, you just happened to be the person with the latest example of one of the things that bothers me on this board. Moderators, if it is not alright to verbally abuse other members of the board, shouldn't our warning level be increased if we do the same to presumably innocent 18-23 year-olds. If these kids got payed to play, it would be one thing, but aren't we all on here because we are supporters of these kids. None of these kids or their friends should have to see this stuff. It certainly doesn't do anyone any good. We can express our disappointment in a kid's decision or playing ability without abuse. I'm surprised there isn't already a board rule against this, or is there?

The following is an anonymous comment taken from the forum at 'The Dailynebraskan' newspaper:

"I wish all of you could have met the real Patrick Witt, He was the nicest guy and respected everyone I ever saw him around. Before you talk about him you need to know the whole story, I am sure it wasn't his choice to change schools in highschool, and he loved football, and yes his heart was there, but somethings just aren't right where you're at and he is finding the right fit for him. He is a great guy, athlete and before you go spreading rumors just get the facts first. I think the football team is losing a great player and friend and the school is losing a great student. He is more that just a spot on the team, he also took great pride in his grades and should be known for that as well. Sorry to see you leaving Patrick and hopefully you're next place is the right fit for you. Thanks for being such a great guy."

-Signed Patrick Witt

:lol:

To be successful we need a mobile quarterback. We all saw the difference between Sam K. and Joe G. What a difference mobility makes. Patrick wasn't that mobile and so far in his short career he had a tendency to fumble. That really bothered me. I was hoping Zac Lee would be the man next year and probably will. I would hope by now that Lee has a pretty good grasp of the offense or will have it by the time Aug. rolls around. Hopefully Spano will also. I just can't see Green learning the offense quick enough for this year unless they simply it for him (and I mean no disrespect towards him).

Bryan Munson (Big Red Report.com) just interviewed on 1620 the zone and said that Witt just saw "writing on the wall" and didn't believe that he was the guy who had a great chance to start the next few years, so he decided to transfer NOW to save eligibility. He said he didn't think that there were any hard feelings anywhere.

go to 1620thezone.com and scroll to right side of page and click on "interview with Bryan Munson" to hear to archived interview.

For what it is worth, Joe Ganz was just on the same radio station and said the he was suprised that Witt decided to leave and that he didn't believe the excuse that Witt wasn't getting a "fair look" in 7 on 7....

Also said that he couldn't see a freshman learning the playbook and running the offense the way Pelini and Watson want it run..... Joe felt that it is Zac's job and will be his.....but said he would have a better view once spring and fall is over....just felt that the offense was too complicated to master in just 1 spring and fall...... he compared to how much Ohio State had to "dumb down" (not an insult) the playbook for Pryor.....and Pryor is probably ahead of where Green is (that is MY qoute, not Joe's)

I am sorry for this generalization, but this is new age thinking.

Everything for me and to hell with you.

He quit, no other answer. I do not care if he is the nicest guy or the biggest Ahole in the world. He signed an agreement to play football for Nebraska. Things did not go his way for what ever reason. So he pulls up his panties and runs home to mommy and daddy. Where the hell would this program be if Ganz had done the same. He lacks faith in his ability or his dedication. He is absolutely no loss to this program. He opens a spot that Bo can put a kid in that wants to be a Husker. Everyday not just the good days.

I have said for ever, that BC recruited less than stellar character. Another in the long line of quitter QB's that he tricked, lied to or promised the world. Maybe he is to blame for these defections, I do not know, but deep down it is the individual that quits. Quitters never win, Winners never quit.

I have no use for some one that says one thing and then if it does not turn out peaches and cream they quit.

I know I am old Jar Head, and quitting is a sin, but I have felt that since I was in the 5th grade getting my scrawny as handed to me in wrestling. Some are to be stars, others are to make stars. You do all you can until you can't do it any more.

Quitter, if that offends him too bad. One way to cure it. Don't Quit.

As for getting paid, they do alright, I am sure there are few 19-20 year old kids in Iraq that could put up with the very tough life he has had to live. He has talent, apply it. If your good enough you play, that is the real world.

If he wanted to be a Husker he would do it. Much easier to go some place else. Good riddance.

I am sorry for this generalization, but this is new age thinking.

Everything for me and to hell with you.

He quit, no other answer. I do not care if he is the nicest guy or the biggest Ahole in the world. He signed an agreement to play football for Nebraska. Things did not go his way for what ever reason. So he pulls up his panties and runs home to mommy and daddy. Where the hell would this program be if Ganz had done the same. He lacks faith in his ability or his dedication. He is absolutely no loss to this program. He opens a spot that Bo can put a kid in that wants to be a Husker. Everyday not just the good days.

I have said for ever, that BC recruited less than stellar character. Another in the long line of quitter QB's that he tricked, lied to or promised the world. Maybe he is to blame for these defections, I do not know, but deep down it is the individual that quits. Quitters never win, Winners never quit.

I have no use for some one that says one thing and then if it does not turn out peaches and cream they quit.

I know I am old Jar Head, and quitting is a sin, but I have felt that since I was in the 5th grade getting my scrawny as handed to me in wrestling. Some are to be stars, others are to make stars. You do all you can until you can't do it any more.

Quitter, if that offends him too bad. One way to cure it. Don't Quit.

As for getting paid, they do alright, I am sure there are few 19-20 year old kids in Iraq that could put up with the very tough life he has had to live. He has talent, apply it. If your good enough you play, that is the real world.

If he wanted to be a Husker he would do it. Much easier to go some place else. Good riddance.

well, i am a little late to the party, been busy, but knowing what little i do and reading skers post here, it would seem to be pretty much on target. i don't wish Witt any ill will, i won't criticize him or chastise him either, BUT if you throw the towel in, you simply are not leadership material, no excuses work, when you quit, you are a quitter. having said that Lee and Spano can't be that far behind Witt, we will still have an interesting competition and yes, even if Witt had stayed, we were going to deal with some growing pains..

next subject? :thumbs