DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

In the other Owa thread (merge/lock?),miamihrrcns2001, the same guy who stirred up some controversy for prediciting the starter at QB during the season (he had inside sources that told him when Green would start) has stated that he is hearing from sources that Owa is a silent commit and just wants the in home to assure himself he made the right choice. FWIW- this would be a radically different story than we have been hearing, but I'm not about to complain about good news, even if only rumors. GBR!!

Is this the Nigerian neighborhood connection???

Taken from the Oregon board. Olaniyan from MD did visit on the same day as Owa and committed 10 days later. Uko never visited UCLA and has since committed to USC. If Owa's mom wants to have her son go to UCLA based on another recruit from MD being Nigerian decent, then we may lose out.(doubt it)

I think Owa is handling his decision/recruitment in a different manner than Olaniyan. They are both making their own decisions, and I doubt that he is a UCLA lean due to Olaniyan committing when they visited on the same weekend(11/6/09).

Hate to bust everyones bubble, but Owa is a UCLA lean IMO. Mom went with him on his official, the the moms of Olaniyan (a UCLA commit) and Uko. All are of Nigerian descent, and really bonded. Owa's mom has not visited UO or Neb. based upon the information have. In addition Uko (4*DT) dad who has been in charge of Uko's recruitment, so to speak, has given his approval of UCLA. The guys also have become very good friends.

Posted on 12/12 10:55 AM | IP: Logged

This needs to be merged with the other Owa thread.

This is the quote from the Oregon board from 12/12. Sorry I tried to bold this out when I reposted this.

"Hate to bust everyones bubble, but Owa is a UCLA lean IMO. Mom went with him on his official, the the moms of Olaniyan (a UCLA commit) and Uko. All are of Nigerian descent, and really bonded. Owa's mom has not visited UO or Neb. based upon the information have. In addition Uko (4*DT) dad who has been in charge of Uko's recruitment, so to speak, has given his approval of UCLA. The guys also have become very good friends".

Wait... what are you trying to say here? Personally, the fact that its from 12/12 makes it worthless to me. Owa dropped us, and added us back onto his list in that time period. Most people felt that we have a better shot after he added us back on as opposed to before hand. Maybe you're trying to say that its irrelevant b/c of the date, but idk.. couldnt figure it out.

I have lived in the LA area for most of my life and I don't know of a Nigerian community. I have heard mentioned by people on this board that UCLA is a lean for Owa due to this community. I was just trying to point out that I don't buy into the Nigerian connection as getting Owa. The post from 12/12 is the only Nigerian connection I have found about Owa, so I thought it was relevent.

In the other Owa thread (merge/lock?),miamihrrcns2001, the same guy who stirred up some controversy for prediciting the starter at QB during the season (he had inside sources that told him when Green would start) has stated that he is hearing from sources that Owa is a silent commit and just wants the in home to assure himself he made the right choice. FWIW- this would be a radically different story than we have been hearing, but I'm not about to complain about good news, even if only rumors. GBR!!

Is this the Nigerian neighborhood connection???

Taken from the Oregon board. Olaniyan from MD did visit on the same day as Owa and committed 10 days later. Uko never visited UCLA and has since committed to USC. If Owa's mom wants to have her son go to UCLA based on another recruit from MD being Nigerian decent, then we may lose out.(doubt it)

I think Owa is handling his decision/recruitment in a different manner than Olaniyan. They are both making their own decisions, and I doubt that he is a UCLA lean due to Olaniyan committing when they visited on the same weekend(11/6/09).

Hate to bust everyones bubble, but Owa is a UCLA lean IMO. Mom went with him on his official, the the moms of Olaniyan (a UCLA commit) and Uko. All are of Nigerian descent, and really bonded. Owa's mom has not visited UO or Neb. based upon the information have. In addition Uko (4*DT) dad who has been in charge of Uko's recruitment, so to speak, has given his approval of UCLA. The guys also have become very good friends.

This needs to be merged with the other Owa thread.

This is the quote from the Oregon board from 12/12. Sorry I tried to bold this out when I reposted this.

"Hate to bust everyones bubble, but Owa is a UCLA lean IMO. Mom went with him on his official, the the moms of Olaniyan (a UCLA commit) and Uko. All are of Nigerian descent, and really bonded. Owa's mom has not visited UO or Neb. based upon the information have. In addition Uko (4*DT) dad who has been in charge of Uko's recruitment, so to speak, has given his approval of UCLA. The guys also have become very good friends".

Wait... what are you trying to say here? Personally, the fact that its from 12/12 makes it worthless to me. Owa dropped us, and added us back onto his list in that time period. Most people felt that we have a better shot after he added us back on as opposed to before hand. Maybe you're trying to say that its irrelevant b/c of the date, but idk.. couldnt figure it out.

I have lived in the LA area for most of my life and I don't know of a Nigerian community. I have heard mentioned by people on this board that UCLA is a lean for Owa due to this community. I was just trying to point out that I don't buy into the Nigerian connection as getting Owa. The post from 12/12 is the only Nigerian connection I have found about Owa, so I thought it was relevent.

Link here: http://blog.oregonlive.com/ducks/2010/01/19_days_left_seastrunk_dargan.html

Taken from an OU blog on recruiting. They have Owa as No 1 on their list too.

19 days left. Seastrunk, Dargan, Jefferson, Heimuli, Baxter, Thomas, Owa, King, Lattimore

By Bob Rickert, community blogger

January 16, 2010, 10:02AM

A veritable who's who of four and five star players are considering the Ducks over the next 2 1/2 weeks. Dillon Baxter is in Eugene and touring the school and facilities. Will be interesting to see if he makes a trip to Mac Court or not. Seastrunk opted to go bowling and just hang out with some of his potential future teammates. Christian Thomas is in Miami this weekend where the weather is warmer but the school may have a longer road to get back to the top. Still, it's Miami. Owamagbe Odighizuwa...or...Owa as is easier to write. Has in fact cut Oregon State out of the mix and it's down to Oregon, UCLA, and Nebraska. Owa is now the 8th ranked player nationally by Rivals.com. (More on that in a bit.)

Gabe King has Oregon and Cal as his final schools it looks like. Cal offered first and has been after him longest. Oregon is now the hometown team and he's been to seemingly every single Duck game this year, knows the program, the coaches and the school really well. And, two of is best friends are coming to Oregon in Chris McCain and James Scales.

There were reports that Keanon Lowe wanted to consider Oregon again as long as he could play wide receiver. Fair enough but the Ducks didn't feel like they had a spot as long as Jefferson was going to commit and were waiting on his decision. Because they like Lowe so much, there was talk of offering him as an athlete, or considering the Tazr spot for him to offer him at a hybrid position, and then it seems another back may have entered the picture that Oregon has already offered. The Ducks like Keanon Lowe and would like to find a spot if they can in this class it seems.

Marcus Lattimore is visiting South Carolina this weekend, has visited Penn State and it seems they're one of the two leaders he says he has but won't reveal right now. Oregon may be the other but it's likely to be South Carolina as he hasn't visited the Ducks yet. That comes next week.

Rankings

The Ducks now have 4 commits in the Rivals.com 250. (Curtis White #97, Dior Mathis #177, Dontae Williams #157, and Chris McCain at #187). The ranking of the nations best players by the service also has 5 other players that Oregon is one of the final choices for (Owa #8, Lattimore #10, Baxter #17, Seastrunk #22, Gabe King #30, and Ricky Heimuli #88).

:yeah

:yeah

i dont know why everyone is saying he is a UCLA lean...

no major he wants...

coaches on defense dont really scream anything special

and he hasn't really said to much about UCLA

though owa keeps it tight he has said a lot of positives about nebraska......

while not to count UCLA out i dont know if he is as stoked on UCLA as we may think

WIKI says otherwise :) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_American

7th largest community in the US. I can bet you Lincoln, Nebraska and Portland, Oregon are at the bottom of this list.

7. California: Los Angeles (city and county),Fresno, San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego, Sacramento and Solano counties; and the San Francisco Bay Area: Alameda and Contra Costa counties.

WIKI says otherwise :) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_American

7th largest community in the US. I can bet you Lincoln, Nebraska and Portland, Oregon are at the bottom of this list.

7. California: Los Angeles (city and county),Fresno, San Bernardino, Orange, San Diego, Sacramento and Solano counties; and the San Francisco Bay Area: Alameda and Contra Costa counties.

No need to thank me for the change on this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_American

1. Lincoln, Nebraska: Though the Nigerian community was only established by King Ndamukong in 2005, it has since flourished into the largest, tightest knit Nigerian-American Community in the world.

Nor on this, under metropolitan area

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln,_Nebraska

[edit] Metropolitan area

The Lincoln metropolitan area consists of Lancaster County and Seward County, which was added to the metropolitan area in 2003. Lincoln has very little development outside its city limits and has no contiguous suburbs (the largest town that can be considered a suburb of Lincoln is Waverly, Nebraska.) This is due primarily to the fact that most land that would otherwise be developed as a suburban town has already been annexed by the city of Lincoln itself. Lincoln also sports an extravagant Nigerian-American community established in 2005, by King Ndamukong