DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

RUMOR ALERT. PLEASE TAKE WITH A GRAIN OF SALT.

A friend of mine who has better access to things than I do just told me that Owa has eliminated Oregon and is now reconsidering Oregon State. My friend "has a bad feeling about Owa" at this point. I have no cites or sources.

Can anyone with a Rivals account check things out on RSS and give us vague statements about whether or not we should be worried?

:madash

owa apparently swapped out oregon and oregon state in his final three. now back to random posts for another 10 pages.

So you are saying the final three are now NU, UCLA, and OSU and UO is out?

apparently that's what a new scout article says. also that he might wait 'til signing day.

Interesting. So my question is did anything about OSU put them back into the equation or did they simply back their way back into the picture due to their location with bad stuff going down at Oregon? Also, what happened to Owa's statement to Rivals that he had narrowed his list to two schools, but that he didn't want to publicize which school he dropped? A bunch of us assumed the dropped school must be Oregon since he might not want to upset the locals by announcing that they were out of the running. But now Scout is reporting that Oregon is out and OSU has been put in their place??? Does this mean UCLA or NU was the school that was dropped earlier? I'm sure I'm over analyzing this, but I'm just trying to go strictly on what Owa has said himself in recent interviews. :dunno

This is stricly my opinion, but the longer he goes without an announcement, the less likely it is he comes to Nebraska. With OSU back in it, they scare me more than UCLA. The Huskers have already lost a couple of guys to OSU in David Ross and Simi Kuli. Both haven't amounted to much, but they picked OSU over Nebraska late in the recruiting process. Riley must be a pretty good closer. I hate to be doom and gloom, but I've just seen it happen way too many times in the recent past.

It’s down to three schools for Owamagbe Odighizuwa.

“I’m still considering Oregon State, Nebraska and UCLA,” David Douglas’ standout tight end, who has eliminated Oregon from the mix, said Monday night. “They’re in a dead tie right now.”

The 6-3, 240-pound Scot – considered the state’s top recruit this season – has had in-home visits from OSU’s Mike Riley, UCLA’s Rick Neuheisel and Nebraska’s Bo Pelini, the latter coming to town last Thursday.

Odighizuwa said he might wait until the Feb. 3 letter-of-intent day to announce his decision.

“Or I might be able to decide the weekend before,” he said. “It’ll just come down to a gut feeling for me.”

The Beavers have received a commitment from Dominic Glover, a 6-5, 275-pound defensive end from Saddleback JC in Mission Viejo, Calif., bringing their list of verbals to 13.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=126447527008605900

This is stricly my opinion, but the longer he goes without an announcement, the less likely it is he comes to Nebraska. With OSU back in it, they scare me more than UCLA. The Huskers have already lost a couple of guys to OSU in David Ross and Simi Kuli. Both haven't amounted to much, but they picked OSU over Nebraska late in the recruiting process. Riley must be a pretty good closer. I hate to be doom and gloom, but I've just seen it happen way too many times in the recent past.

Ah yes, Simi Kuli. The "can't miss", "must have" recruiting favor of the month a couple years ago. Man I'm glad we didn't continue recruiting that guy.

No need to worry at this point... nothing we can do but wait.

We made a huge impression during our in home. Owa is just going to take some time to weigh out his options... very mature thing to do. This has been one of the most drawn out recruiting cycles ever, I am getting sick of it so I can't imagine how Owa and Cooper feel.

Ah yes, Simi Kuli. The "can't miss", "must have" recruiting favor of the month a couple years ago. Man I'm glad we didn't continue recruiting that guy.

Article on Owa and OSU back in the mix. So much for Scout and Rivals breaking this.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=126447527008605900 WTF??????

It’s down to three schools for Owamagbe Odighizuwa.

“I’m still considering Oregon State, Nebraska and UCLA,” David Douglas’ standout tight end, who has eliminated Oregon from the mix, said Monday night. “They’re in a dead tie right now.”

The 6-3, 240-pound Scot – considered the state’s top recruit this season – has had in-home visits from OSU’s Mike Riley, UCLA’s Rick Neuheisel and Nebraska’s Bo Pelini, the latter coming to town last Thursday.

Odighizuwa said he might wait until the Feb. 3 letter-of-intent day to announce his decision.

“Or I might be able to decide the weekend before,” he said. “It’ll just come down to a gut feeling for me.”

The Beavers have received a commitment from Dominic Glover, a 6-5, 275-pound defensive end from Saddleback JC in Mission Viejo, Calif., bringing their list of verbals to 13.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=126447527008605900

He plays TE too? Even if he does, that's how they describe him??? :rollin :rollin :rollin

This blows the coach trying to get him to go to UO theory out of the water. I think that Oregon State backed their way into it.

My analysis:

-He said awhile back that the ONLY thing that Oregon had UCLA and NU beat on was location

-His mom recently said that location shouldnt factor into his decision *********that right there tells me that he eliminated Oregon when he said he was "down to two schools but didnt want to release which two,"

-His mom feels very comfortable with the NU coaches after the visit

-OSU backed their way in because of the stuff that has allegedly happened at UO recently. ******* Why would he eliminate the better of the two in-state schools? Nike has pumped an insane amount of money into UO and their facilities are 2nd to none. This tells me that OSU is in it purely because of its location.

-he did say that he had a leader IMMEDIATELY after our in home with him which was supposed to be kept off the record but the reporter let it leak out

-he DID text Eric Martin the other day.

I have thought for awhile now that it is between UCLA and NU.

I still like our chances. I really feel confident that Bo can win this battle and it is up to him to go get it done.

• Fire 4

“I’m still considering Oregon State, Nebraska and UCLA....They’re in a dead tie right now.”

So was he close to being N a couple days ago, and now is back to wavering? Or was the chatter about him being so close to N inaccurate?

I suppose there's no way to really know, but I'd be especially nervous if he almost committed but we are now losing ground to the other two.