SIGNED RB Braylon Heard

Braylon had a very tough upbringing, and a rough academic start to high school. He'll keep working on the score and hopefully get there.

I've had guys that worked for me that perform crappy on standardized tests that were some of my best employees, and i've had guys who performed great that were lazy bums. A low test score isn't always a reflection on a young mans intelligence or work ethic, and a lot of young athletes are too proud to accept that they need extra help until it's too late.

• Fire 3

Braylon had a very tough upbringing, and a rough academic start to high school. He'll keep working on the score and hopefully get there.

I've had guys that worked for me that perform crappy on standardized tests that were some of my best employees, and i've had guys who performed great that were lazy bums. A low test score isn't always a reflection on a young mans intelligence or work ethic, and a lot of young athletes are too proud to accept that they need extra help until it's too late.

...and at this point I'm sure the preasure is so great that scoring well is almost a crap-shoot. This is Texas f'in one last time - pre Big12 he would have been middle of the pack as far as qualifiers go :)

Wow. How many times has he taken the ACT? I feel like I've heard the same story about him scoring too low tons of times.

Maybe he just doesn't test well.

Some of you guys are just unreasonable about his situation.

If his grades are garbage and the NCAA uses a sliding scale, he may need a much higher score to qualify than a mere 18/19. He might need a 21 or the likes. Which seemingly this is a minor improvement, this is a big jump for kids who are stuck in the middle of the pack.

Now that we have AG, is it that big of deal if we get Mr. Heard. I really want Heard but if we can't get him due to grades then Im sure we will be ok. Also, I know the ACT does not judge how someone will do in college but if he can't even get the minimum what makes you think that he will be able to do enough in college to be able to play without having to be on academic suspension?

Now that we have AG, is it that big of deal if we get Mr. Heard. I really want Heard but if we can't get him due to grades then Im sure we will be ok. Also, I know the ACT does not judge how someone will do in college but if he can't even get the minimum what makes you think that he will be able to do enough in college to be able to play without having to be on academic suspension?

It's not like he's the first kid ever to have academic trouble. If anything, I would think something like his situation would be more likely to whip him into shape and take his school work seriously. With all the academic help and resources they have at their fingertips at UNL, he should be okay.

Besides, who WOULDN'T want a zone read attack with Martinez, AG, and Heard in the backfield? I get shivers just thinking about it...

Because he could probably do much better with academic support. If u can't stay eligible with nebraskas academic support then I got Nothin for ya, or u have a major learning disability and need help. He's probably never had anyone show him how to study either which could be a major hurdle.

Without delving into the politics of the past with Prop. 48 players, bear in mind that we've had several great players who struggled academically in high school only to become better in the classroom at the college level. This is due in part to the level of attention that our Student-Athletes receive once they arrive on campus. Jared Tomich comes to mind. He was a Prop. 48 student due to a learning disability, but the commitment that T.O. put forth in making sure that Tomich received proper tutoring to compete in the classroom was just as important to him than winning games on the field. Which is also why NU leads the nation in CoSIDA Academic All-Americans.

Bottom line, Braylon will have a great academic support system if he makes it to campus. Sure, he'll have to do his part to make it happen, but he'll have the very best tutoring services to help him succeed in the classroom. Have you seen the new Student Life Complex?

• Fire 1

Seems like with the signing of Green that people are forgetting about Heard, Braylon is such an explosive player I would love to see him playing for us. Last year he was the only player next to OWA that I was excited about. I hope he can figure his ACT out because he would contribute.

So if Braylon took the test on the 23rd, if he goes online he should be able to see his scores the week after next. If he waits for the results to be mailed what was that like a month or so afterwards(been so long since I took the damn thing)? Well, IF he cannot still meet the score, he has one more chance in December IIRC. That's a push in time for results if he'd like to enroll in January.

Here's hoping for the best on the most recent test. Hopefully when he visited on the 16th he took to heart NU's acedemic advisors advice for taking the test. I am more than certain they tried their best to help.