ATH Curtis Carter

Curtis Carter left Baton Rouge on Wednesday afternoon without an offer from the Tigers, but he didn’t leave Baton Rouge empty-handed. The speedy athlete gained valuable knowledge about his collegiate position of wide receiver, and more importantly left with a heavy bag of motivation.

“It was disappointing at first because I thought that I really did everything I could to get an offer,” said Carter. “So of course this is going to motivate me throughout my season.”

Carter, who just started practicing at wide receiver about a month ago, claims to have learned a lot from camp and says that what he learned will go a long way at the next level...

Carter, who possesses sub 4.4 speed, spent some one-on-one time with Les Miles once he checked out of camp, and the headman did not shut the door on a potential offer down the road.

“He told me that he would be keeping an eye on my progress throughout the season and that they hoped that they could make it work,” Carter said.

Carter still plans on visiting LSU and Nebraska both officially this season but he has not decided which game to attend.

Going into camp the Cornhuskers were the team to beat. Is that still the case?

“For sure,” he said.

Curtis Carter left Baton Rouge on Wednesday afternoon without an offer from the Tigers, but he didn’t leave Baton Rouge empty-handed. The speedy athlete gained valuable knowledge about his collegiate position of wide receiver, and more importantly left with a heavy bag of motivation.

“It was disappointing at first because I thought that I really did everything I could to get an offer,” said Carter. “So of course this is going to motivate me throughout my season.”

Carter, who just started practicing at wide receiver about a month ago, claims to have learned a lot from camp and says that what he learned will go a long way at the next level...

Carter, who possesses sub 4.4 speed, spent some one-on-one time with Les Miles once he checked out of camp, and the headman did not shut the door on a potential offer down the road.

“He told me that he would be keeping an eye on my progress throughout the season and that they hoped that they could make it work,” Carter said.

Carter still plans on visiting LSU and Nebraska both officially this season but he has not decided which game to attend.

“For sure,” he said.

Like the attitude he has. Could've easily gotten offended at not getting an offer but instead is using the disappointment as motivation.

“For sure,” he said.

Like the attitude he has. Could've easily gotten offended at not getting an offer but instead is using the disappointment as motivation.

I think he should use the disappointment to verbal to the Huskers and sign the dotted line during the early signing period. Oh wait, there is no early signing period. That sucks and should be changed IMO.

Considering lsu just told him that they would be watching him throughout the season I doubt they would tell him they don't have room for him. Who's to say they don't lose one of their commits or Carter just blows up during the season or someone leaves the team. They just wouldn't tell a player of his caliber this early that they don't have room for him. If they did I would be very shocked.

Considering lsu just told him that they would be watching him throughout the season I doubt they would tell him they don't have room for him. Who's to say they don't lose one of their commits or Carter just blows up during the season or someone leaves the team. They just wouldn't tell a player of his caliber this early that they don't have room for him. If they did I would be very shocked.

i am obssessed!! i need to know!!

Miles is slow playing Curtis like there is no tomorrow. Knowing that the majority of Louisiana kids would give a leg to go to LSU, Les will pull this kid along for a while. What they drug Logan along for months before he took the bait and hook.

Hopefully when Curtis can get here for a game day and experience the atmosphere to go along with the relationships that he has with the coaches and push him over the top.

Rivals is reporting that Curtis recently received some quote "bad recruiting news." Hopefully the news is that LSU cannot offer him a scholly... who knows?

Pretty sure its just that they didn't offer him at the camp.. Carter has also said that his relationship with Papuchis is awesome.. Hopefully he'll pull that one in regardless of whether LSU offers or not