ATH Curtis Carter

If we beat Mizzou and beat Tech while he's on campus, I highly doubt he even takes this trip.

i've were the first guys on this kid and have been on him early..... i just hope w can close the deal... i think thats we have discovered we need to work on this in terms of recruiting... lets close the deal as curtis would be a great fit here.....

• 2 weeks later...

Says he no longer has a favorite and will probably wait until after his December visit to Missouri to decide.

He wants to have another visit to compare his weeekend at Nebraska to before he decides. Looks like it's down to just us and Missouri.

I get that impression as well, which is excellent. I can't imagine if it's between us and Missouri that the Tigers have a chance.

Says he no longer has a favorite and will probably wait until after his December visit to Missouri to decide.

He wants to have another visit to compare his weeekend at Nebraska to before he decides. Looks like it's down to just us and Missouri.

I get that impression as well, which is excellent. I can't imagine if it's between us and Missouri that the Tigers have a chance.

They have a chance secondary to location. Closer to home.

They have a chance secondary to location. Closer to home.

Personally, I don't think the location aspect has anything do with with the interest in Missouri. To me, it is entirely the "Jeremy Maclin" aspect.

What "speedster" wouldn't want to accomplish what that kid was able to do in college (not to mention - the first round draft status). Take Bud Sasser as well. He was quoted as saying it was mainly between KU and NU but now he's saying MU is back in the mix.

Quote for Bud on MU's rivals page:

"I don't know what it is about Missouri. There's something about them that's just making me want to check them out."

I still think we are going to win the Curtis Carter recruiting battle but it's not over yet.

The "maclin" thing lasts for about one year, maybe two. It would be like saying, "How come sweet DEs dont come to NU, Wistrom was the man"

Its true, he was, but you can only feed off that for so long, you have to KEEP producing those kind of guys because kids attention spans for the history of a program is very short.

The "maclin" thing lasts for about one year, maybe two. It would be like saying, "How come sweet DEs dont come to NU, Wistrom was the man"

Its true, he was, but you can only feed off that for so long, you have to KEEP producing those kind of guys because kids attention spans for the history of a program is very short.

Yes, but the coaches are different now than they were then too... That'd be like Utah going after someone pitching what Urban Meyer did. While I agree they have to continue to produce someone like that, Pinkel has done it, so the affect may be felt a few years.