ATH Curtis Carter

OWH says we lead and Alabama is his #2 option. They also list him as a WR target.

Nice:

“LSU hasn’t offered yet, but I am going up to their camp this next week,” Carter said. “I think if LSU offered me, it wouldn’t put them as my top school. Nebraska has put so much effort into recruiting me and developing a relationship with me, it would just be unfair.”

When asked if Pelini’s LSU ties were a big deal, Carter said it was “a huge deal’’ and his father was a huge Pelini supporter.

Carter postponed plans for an unofficial visit to Lincoln on July 31 and said he would reschedule a trip to NU.

don't mean to be a downer but that doesn't sound too good. seems as though his heart is at lsu.

the statement reminds me of somebody choosing between their spouse of 25 years and or their dream girl.

On HI it has an article titled "Carter Very High on Huskers". Then on the side that's the same story it's titled "Carter hoping for offer" and it's done by the lsu guys. I really think he is waiting on that offer. In his interview he says something like "they've put so much effort into recruiting me (NU) it just wouldn't be fair to no have them number 1". To me it seems like he just doesn't want to hurt the coaches feelings or let them down or something.

You've gotta feel good about the guys we've been targeting at WR, even if we're not locking down our #1 guys. Think about it... Carter, Wray, Swigert... All of these guys may not be monster WRs physically, like a big Mo Purify or Meno Holt type, but they've got speed. That's one thing this staff seems to be trying to add with our incoming recruits. That speed that everyone seems to think seperates us from the Floridas, USCs of the world.

You've gotta feel good about the guys we've been targeting at WR, even if we're not locking down our #1 guys. Think about it... Carter, Wray, Swigert... All of these guys may not be monster WRs physically, like a big Mo Purify or Meno Holt type, but they've got speed. That's one thing this staff seems to be trying to add with our incoming recruits. That speed that everyone seems to think seperates us from the Floridas, USCs of the world.

Think? No it's fact, we have very little speed on both sides of the ball, as it was exposed on the 2008 Huskers. We're starting to get there, and I think Antonio Bell will help with the lack of speed this season, but we still are in desperate need of speedy playmakers on both sides of the ball.

I think our speed is getting better by the day w dobsons help. On top of that we have young speed waiting to show it in Compton, Whaley, Fisher, May, PJ Smith, Chris Williams, Eric Martin, Dennard, Mendoza, Bell, Reed, Gillyan (if he catches it), Cody Green, and Burkhead. I know a lot of these guys have yet to play a snap of college ball but the potential is there to be a very fast team in years to come. that will especially be true if we can snag Green next year and carter this year.

Think? No it's fact, we have very little speed on both sides of the ball, as it was exposed on the 2008 Huskers. We're starting to get there, and I think Antonio Bell will help with the lack of speed this season, but we still are in desperate need of speedy playmakers on both sides of the ball.

Speed is not a problem on both sides of the ball. It's a problem on one side of the ball, offense.

On defense right now, we have kids who fly to the ball. Speed is definitely not a problem there. Now if you were talking about more than one kids mental capacity that plays on defense ..

yeah man, it's us...it's been us for a while now

man that makes football life so much easier.. knowing things like this.. are you a member of rivals or scout. beucase im tired of going on there websites seeing stuff like "is Nebraska still in the mix for blah blah" and then i get on here and no one really answers it.. i wish osmebody could let us know every main topic on huskers illustrated. that would also make my day

or do you fans know any other websites that tell you the stuff rivals doesnt

Curtis Carter has legit blazing speed. He is consistant in running sub 4.4 40s nearly every time... I read today he feels he is being slow played by LSU and is at camp there. He said is still a clear cut number one. I dont think he has visited yet. I think if NU gets him here on game day. It a done deal..

Same thing with mobley.. but they wont visit untill early fall.. He is NUs to lose..

If you read the headlines there is another has hasnt visited but NU seems to be his number one chocie right

now.. I cant think of his name...He is a QB in HS..

yeah man, it's us...it's been us for a while now

man that makes football life so much easier.. knowing things like this.. are you a member of rivals or scout. beucase im tired of going on there websites seeing stuff like "is Nebraska still in the mix for blah blah" and then i get on here and no one really answers it.. i wish osmebody could let us know every main topic on huskers illustrated. that would also make my day

or do you fans know any other websites that tell you the stuff rivals doesnt

Curtis Carter has legit blazing speed. He is consistant in running sub 4.4 40s nearly every time... I read today he feels he is being slow played by LSU and is at camp there. He said is still a clear cut number one. I dont think he has visited yet. I think if NU gets him here on game day. It a done deal..

Same thing with mobley.. but they wont visit untill early fall.. He is NUs to lose..

If you read the headlines there is another has hasnt visited but NU seems to be his number one chocie right

now.. I cant think of his name...He is a QB in HS..

Tyler Slavin?

edit: Detchauz wray is who you are pry thinking of... he plays qb and has pretty high. Slavin has us on top as well... but has always been a wr

And yes... bringing Carter in on gameday would be huge. maybe for one of the games Gabbert comes up to...

Speed is not a problem on both sides of the ball. It's a problem on one side of the ball, offense.

On defense right now, we have kids who fly to the ball. Speed is definitely not a problem there. Now if you were talking about more than one kids mental capacity that plays on defense ..

Where is this defensive speed you talk about? Is it in our safety's (Asante, Thenarse, O'Hanlon) that are consistently getting burned by TE's from Colorado? Please tell me where is the defensive speed? I haven't seen it. Amukamara hasn't done anything yet, and i'm very concerned with our defensive backs this year, outside of Eric Hagg. He's an absolute stud, and he needs to see the field as a safety this year. Too big a talent to not be starting.

Where's this defensive speed? I didn't see it when Missouri was scoring at will at Memorial, or when Oklahoma absolutely burnt us off the field in the first quarter, or when Robert Griffin was dancing his way into the endzone from 50 yards out. If Griffin doesn't injure his ankle in 08, Baylor would've walked out of Memorial with a W.

I'm very hopeful for the 2009 Huskers, and yes, I agree that there will be an upgrade in speed from last year, but that isn't saying much. I'm just not ready to say that this team has enough speed, especially on defense. I'm looking for May, Fisher, Compton, and Hagg to step up.

Plain and simple, speed is the number one priority when it comes to recruiting for the big red at this point.

Well its seems Carter is being slowed played by LSU and it not very happy about.... NU still seems to be a clear number one....He is at camp at LSU

They just got their 19th commit, a cb. They now stand at two wr, two db, and three athlete commits. I'm not sure what their overall class expectations are but it's possible they may not have much room left for another athlete commit.

Well its seems Carter is being slowed played by LSU and it not very happy about.... NU still seems to be a clear number one....He is at camp at LSU

They just got their 19th commit, a cb. They now stand at two wr, two db, and three athlete commits. I'm not sure what their overall class expectations are but it's possible they may not have much room left for another athlete commit.

That can only mean good things for NU, IMO. I really feel like if we can get this guy to Lincoln this fall, then he will be N. :w00t

husker rob, talk about pessamistic. Nobody said we have proven speed demons all over our defense we said we have speed on defense, big difference. There is no way you can deny that we have speed. May, Compton, Fisher, Whaley, Lawrence all have 4.5-4.6 speed at LB. Amukamara, Dennard, PJ Smith, Hagg, West all run anywhere bt high 4.3s to high 4.4s. Allen, Turner, Williams, Meredith all run very well for d linemen. The major upgrade in speed has been at LB over the last couple years with the additions of Whaley, Compton, Fisher and May. It just doesn't make sense for you to compare this years d to last years. Potter was a good player but speed was not his game, same goes for Seivers. Wortman was pretty slow for a LB and Glenn was suspended for quite a few games and Koehler is slow for a LB as well. It's just not comparing apples to apples when you compare last years speed to this years speed.

The guys that had the most speed were just too slow at picking up the D. If you saw players wide open it was most often because of mistakes in coverage.

Besides, Ali Highsmith started at LB on a National championship team in this system and ran like 4.9 40 in the combine.

Obviously you want fast players, but if they are too dumb to make the field then it's a waste of a scholly.