Castille..

As much as it makes me mad that Q screwed up and screwed the team, I am feeling confident that Helu will have a breakout year and was going to outshine Castille and any of the other backs this year. I had a feeling earlier this week that Helu was going to be the star of the program this year and the 1-2 punch of Helu & Q this year was going to be more like a KO from Helu. I guess my gut feeling was either the fact that Q was gonna get the boot or the fact that Roy will actually do HUGE things this year! This dismissal will not kill our team, and it will not ruin our season! How many people last year thought the D the rest of the season was gonna hurt bad when Glenn was dismissed???? I know I did. WE WILL BE OK!

I am also thinking along these lines. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is tired of having six backs running and never getting a chance to really get going in a game. It would be nice to get another chance to have a Rozier or Phillips... someone to carry the load of the Huskers like the iBacks of old.

Helu could be that guy... with Castille out of the way, he has a chance to prove it. Right? No?

That's obviously not good news, but I respect Pelini for taking the high road and doing what's necessary. He's got his rules for the team, and if a player isn't going to follow them, then that player deserves to be dismissed from the team. Pelini made the right call and we've got a stable of talented running backs who are going to be chomping at the bit to fill his place.

BTW- I'm blaming Callahan.

This is the correct response.

Come on, to say Q's loss isn't a big one is being disingenuous. NU just took a huge hit in their running game, and now there is even more pressure on Helu to carry the load. A load that Q was more than capable of carrying when Lucky wasn't getting the job done last season.

As good as Roy Helu is, I don't see our running game getting off to the great start many Husker fans where hoping for. Mendoza's speed will help, but there is no one in the backfield right now that can match Q's size and physicality. This loss will hurt us, especially early part of the season.

All true. This really does suck. And yes, losing Castille hurts our running game. A lot. I can’t help but think that the Bobfather would have found a way to keep Castille on the roster. Even TO might have. Things like this, and the Cody Glenn issue from last year, make me wonder about Bo. Oh, I still support him. I just wonder if he knows how to handle things behind the scenes, subtley instead of just napalming the whole situation. :hmmph

It is two entirely different eras. Kids are different, NCAA actually tries to enforce some of the rules some of the time and, oh yeah, THE INTERNET.

Yea the NCAA enforces rules, they let you do whatever you want and then after the season is played out, in the off season they state the games each team won won't be counted as Ws.

As for the Bobfather comment, see Mack Brown and their star LB that almost drove through an apartment with his car while drunk. Then going home to sleep it off. This after his first DUI. "We'll take care of this in house." Macky states.

See Mangino and Talib. The same so called problem that just got Castille kicked off the team. Also Briscoe and his problem with going to class. "In house problems, we'll take care of it"

Hunter Teafatiller can get like 6 DUI's and still play, yet Dixon and Castille are kicked off the team for their different, more herbal pain relievers???

GTFO

How bout an apology?

No apology is necessary...Maud was asking for a source which was not provided.

So you have to wait for a source to post? If so we might as well shut the board down and go discuss stories at the LJS blogs.

He was the source, he was right.

I've got to agree with that.. What is the point in posting something if you're going to wait for it to be news? there is no "break" then.. Sure it's not going to be right 100% of the time but someone is just giving the information that they have heard... If you don't want to believe it until its proved, that's fine and normal.. It's just getting it out there that there is a potential situation and for discussion.. There is really no need to ream someone when it was stated in the way it was....

GTFO

How bout an apology?

So you have to wait for a source to post? If so we might as well shut the board down and go discuss stories at the LJS blogs.

Hey who died and made you huskerboard ethics president that is Husker Jens job! :sarcasm

GTFO

How bout an apology?

I've got to agree with that.. What is the point in posting something if you're going to wait for it to be news? there is no "break" then.. Sure it's not going to be right 100% of the time but someone is just giving the information that they have heard... If you don't want to believe it until its proved, that's fine and normal.. It's just getting it out there that there is a potential situation and for discussion.. There is really no need to ream someone when it was stated in the way it was....

I guess we should have the FCC fair programming Zsar shut down illegal TMZ.com!

Look, this is painfully simple. We've had guys around here before who claimed all this insider info that turned out to be piss worthless. The internet has got trolls-a-dozen, so without at least a reasonable explanation to back up why you've got privileged information, expect to get flack for posting questionable insights.

An LJS/OWH source isn't required, but if someone shows up and says, "I've got the insider track––Lee just got abducted by aliens who replaced his bones with titanium so he won't get injured," we'll be less than enthusiastic. Now if you've got video or the old skeleton, that's another story.