The Reason We Lost

Husker_x

:wtf:wtf:wtf

Yeah we probably should have went for it on 4th and 1 but our Defense played stellar today. We held them to under 60 yds of offense the entire second half. Why wouldn't Bo rely on the D to step up. Tyrod got lucky with that long pass. That's all. Helu had an outstanding game!

:yeah We have a lot to be proud of, but the loss is heart breaking.........maybe we should have a country song for the tunnel walk. :sarcasm

:yeah

And this board has officially gone into meltdown mode. Here comes the "fire bo pelini" and "cody green should've played" crowd :ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh:ahhhhhhhh

I guess Helu having a career high game with over 170yds is the coaches/teams fault. I guess our D holding VaTech to less than 60 yds (before the big play) the entire 2nd half was our coaches/teams fault.

Face it. Bud Foster's defense played very well.

This was a very tough loss, but we need to be calm. The kids played their hearts out today. Errors may have been made but we need to curb our dissatisfaction untill we have calmed down some.

We played them close and that is a great step in the right direction.

Keep the faith.

Lets not forget the 1st and goal from the 6th debacle... had we gotten a FIELD GOAL in that situation we would have won... instead about 4 consecutive penalties and a punt.

That is on the players losing their composure.

I can name a ton of different moments where we should have put the game away. Oh well.

nothing we can do now but pack it up and try again next time.

Yes, the blame goes directly on the coaches. Stupid mistakes have to be cleaned up and that falls directly on the staff.

But a few other things ..

Kicking the ball was the right thing to do. Our defense was incredible all game and besides missed tackles (a couple on ST, one on defense) the defense did everything they possibly could.

I'm pretty sure Lee hurt his hand (I think his thumb) in the late 2nd or early 3rd. I saw him flexing his thumb a few times and would explain why he became erratic so quickly.

At the same time, his line did him no favors until we put Marcel back in. DJ Jones single handily killed one of our drives at the goal line. A couple of those hits is where I think Zac may have messed up his hand.

O'Hanlons breakdown reminded me of the breakdown last year against TTech when we let Crabtree get over the cover 2. The safety didn't rotate and look what happened. The safety has one responsibility late in the game in that situation, GET AS DEEP AS THE DEEPEST MAN. You DO NOT let anyone get past you. If you give up a ball in front of you because of it, SO WHAT? A 20 yard gain is better than a 60 yard gain.

Meno -- please go sit down. Your hands are awful, you are slow and you run horrid routes. Why you continue to get PT over someone like Chris Brooks, I do not know.

The WR - ALL OF THEM, were horrid today. I just laughed when Zac got out on a scramble buying time for someone to get open. Zac easily bought an additional 4-5 seconds and STILL no one could get open. It seriously looked like they were always standing around waiting for Zac to deliver the ball.

All in all, Bo and especially Barney need to re-evaluate a few things on what they are doing. A well coached team just does not hand away games like that.

We lost that one. VA Tech did not win it.

Respectfully disagree. We had all the momentum. Bo had his foot on Beamer's throat. A QB sneak or draw hadn't failed all game and we had very few negative run plans. You just go for it. You TAKE your victory. Even if we failed to convert, we'd still have our stellar defense with 60 yards to defend. It was a bonehead call and it would have been the difference between victory and defeat.

Lets not forget the 1st and goal from the 6th debacle... had we gotten a FIELD GOAL in that situation we would have won... instead about 4 consecutive penalties and a punt.

I can name a ton of different moments where we should have put the game away. Oh well.

Yeah we can line up and go again. We just don't have the offense that some of you thought we did. Lee is not the QB that will get it done against Division I competion. Been my contention all along. This is probably one of the weakest D1 offenses we will play and not the best defense we will play.

Time to regroup and RECONSIDER the OPTIONS

Yeah we can line up and go again. We just don't have the offense that some of you thought we did. Lee is not the QB that will get it done against Division I competion. Been my contention all along. This is probably one of the weakest D1 offenses we will play and not the best defense we will play.

Time to regroup and RECONSIDER the OPTIONS

I am just saying, and I think you all felt it, but Virginia Tech did nothing all day as our defense shut them down so you kind of just knew that they would mount a comeback, lucky or not, if they got the ball back AGAIN. Our offense should have played to score or get a first down on that last possession but instead went into super conservative mode and gave the ball right back while taking 16 seconds off the clock. Going for it on 4th and 1 would have least given us a chance to take charge of our own destiny.

:wtf:wtf:wtf

Yeah we probably should have went for it on 4th and 1 but our Defense played stellar today. We held them to under 60 yds of offense the entire second half. Why wouldn't Bo rely on the D to step up. Tyrod got lucky with that long pass. That's all. Helu had an outstanding game!

You don't leave close games to luck. You man up, smash forward for a yard, shake the dust off your hands and walk home with a road victory this program desperately needed.

i agree, to beak that streak of losses you have to do something to ensure it ends......we didn't do that.

The damn penalties lost the game for the Huskers on this one....as much as I want to kick O'Hanlon square in the nuts for giving up the big play, Jones deserves to be benched for his play when they were on the 6 yard line. As a coach you teach the kids to be disciplined, but at some point the PLAYER needs to step up and play the game and Jones and co did not do that today.