What does the ISU vs. KU game tell us?

How does everyone take the close call KU had with ISU? I dont know whether this means ISU is getting better and can actually put up points or if KU is just not a very good team without a very good win. I am leaning towards KU just not being very good. We all know KSU is horrendous and they snuck out a win agianst ISU last week yet this week ISU has to botch a FG and two XP's to keep themselves from beating KU in Lawrence. Hopefully we can stay focused this week and take it to TTech, but i think we are in for a dog fight. We have not faired very well agianst them recently but I am beginning to think the tides are turning. GBR!!!

I too think KU is not as good as they are on paper. I think the KU game should be one where we see more of Cody Green getting some snaps, hopefully early on! Not dissing Lee, he does a good job... but we need to think "big picture" and get the younger talent some experience on the road. I think KU goes down in flames and we run away with the north in just a few more games.

GO BIG RED!

If ISU can play that way in Kansas stadium, it gives me a lot of hope for us against them.

All I took away from this game is that neither of these teams can play defense, and whenever they face an actual competent defense, will get beat.

We beat this same team a year ago by 10, and they even had Sharp in the game against us last year. They have all the same weapons offensively, and still could not muster enough offense to beat NU.

While I would like to think that this game means that NU will beat KU, I know that KU was looking past an ISU team that they expected to beat. KU will give Nebraska one hell of a game, and I am still worried that Reesing will find a way to pull something out. Additionally, I think that ISU might be getting better than people give them credit for. Dangerous QB and moderately okay team.

That said, I personally believe NU will beat KU on the road by 14. I just have not been impressed yet by Kansas....

From watching some of it, it tells me a few things.

ISU is not a rollover group. They have some talent. That will compete their hearts out. Arnaud is improving and a decent QB that can make a play at times. But van damn he missed that wide open game winner. Cyclones had the upset.

ISU & KU are not very fundamentally strong against the pass. Its bad and ugly. Windy day or not, no excuse. Didnt both teams combine for like 3,000 yards?

Reesing is very good and accurate and both of their recievers make the routine catches and big plays. Their OL is league average (our DL is above average). I've already hinted about their Defense. So if you take away their recievers, keep Reesing looking for someone to get open, scrambling, they'll get bottled up and struggle for points. Meanwhile a team with a good offense will keep scoring on them.

Other than ISU getting some love and respect for having some fight in them, KU looks the same.

Our offense is going to have to become more consistent if we are going to win alot of games this year. Yeah, our D kept us in the Missou game, but that's not going to be the case every time.

As for Kansas, I have not been too impressed with their offense or defense this year. Seems like they start slow alot on offense and their D never really shows up at all.