Nebraska is Number 9

Darn it 49, quit bringing the truth into things.

Calling OU a disappointment maybe the case for Oklahoma Sooner fans, but I would give my left nut to be in their shoes. Their three losses are far more acceptable than ours. They can look in the mirror and say if, we can not.

Our losses are deplorable and are wins are minor. No comparison as far as I can see.

I don't think Nebraska is a disappointment... they can still win the North, and if they do, how are they a disappointment? Were people expecting a Big 12 title with Texas and OK on the other side? I think people were expecting a North title this year so they still have a chance to fulfill expectations.

No...they are not a disappointment. They've only lost to two teams, at home, they never should have lost to. Are no longer starting the best QB, and the o-line can't open consistant holes through news paper.

A team that should be, at worst, 7 -1 but is 5-3 with one of those loses being to ISU at home, is a disappointment. If they lose anymore games this year, with the exception of this Saturday, they will have moved from disappointment to joke.

A college football team consisting of 18-22 year olds putting every ounce of effort into playing football and sometimes trying too hard is never a joke, at least not to me. is 5-3 at this point a disappointment... definately, but not a joke.

Calling OU a disappointment maybe the case for Oklahoma Sooner fans, but I would give my left nut to be in their shoes. Their three losses are far more acceptable than ours. They can look in the mirror and say if, we can not.

Our losses are deplorable and are wins are minor. No comparison as far as I can see.

Disappointment is completely relative to expectations. When you start the year #3 your expectations are higher than 5-3 with losses to BYU and Miami.

Come on guys, are they better than us? Absolutely. Starting the season, NU at 5-3 is about right. OU at 5-3 is national news.

Disappointment is completely relative to expectations. When you start the year #3 your expectations are higher than 5-3 with losses to BYU and Miami.

Come on guys, are they better than us? Absolutely. Starting the season, NU at 5-3 is about right. OU at 5-3 is national news.

I truly believe we have a better team than 5-3, so i am disappointed... I think the proof is in all three games that we lost, a big part of the reason we have 3 losses is the football team hurting themselves, not really being beaten by the opponent. There is no question in my mind that we are better than va tech and ia st., and maybe tex tech, but when nebraska makes so many mental mistakes, it really makes it tough. with all these young guys, it's really a fine line. i see your point though

I don't think Nebraska is a disappointment... they can still win the North, and if they do, how are they a disappointment? Were people expecting a Big 12 title with Texas and OK on the other side? I think people were expecting a North title this year so they still have a chance to fulfill expectations.

No...they are not a disappointment. They've only lost to two teams, at home, they never should have lost to. Are no longer starting the best QB, and the o-line can't open consistant holes through news paper.

A team that should be, at worst, 7 -1 but is 5-3 with one of those loses being to ISU at home, is a disappointment. If they lose anymore games this year, with the exception of this Saturday, they will have moved from disappointment to joke.

A college football team consisting of 18-22 year olds putting every ounce of effort into playing football and sometimes trying too hard is never a joke, at least not to me. is 5-3 at this point a disappointment... definately, but not a joke.

When two of those are loses are to teams NU should have won and won BIG, that 5 - 3 becomes a joke. When both of those loses were at home. It becomes more than a joke.

VT, TT beating us, well OK. Losing to Iowa St at home with their top two play makers out, took all the momentum this team had built around the country and dropped them back into the second tier type teams, trying to get a bowl bid. It will take a hell of a finish, to get a decent bowl bid. That will take winning the north and that still probably get any Jan bowl bids. :steam

GBR beat OU

GBR!!!

When you take into consideration what Oklahoma has lost this year as far as starters, top level players you understand why it has happened.

Losing three games against ranked opponents, the number two team in the BCS by three and the other two by a total of two, you really can not call them a disappointment, Unlucky, cursed what ever but with their losses of personel and how they almost squeaked out wins is a great effort.

If we were getting Suh back next year and he was lost the first game of the year, would you feel the same.

Sometimes a loss is different. I would take a loss to any of the three by the total points. Losing to Iowa State is a far bigger failure than anything Oklahoma may have done. We do not have a quality win in any of our games.

The Iowa State game better be the turning point for this program, or this staff will not be here long. Three losses like that will not go over well with anyone.

We have two 5-3 teams playing this weekend. We will see Saturday night who is the biggest disappointment. And it is not going to be pretty.

God I hope I am wrong on this.

Bornred,

Exactly, that is why it seems to hurt so bad. We get our hopes up on three Sun Belt teams, never thinking that we are playing a third string QB that did not see the light of day last year.

I think we will finish at the 8-4 mark, but it is going to take a lot of work.

We just need to get past this game.

I dont see how you cant be a little disappointed. our offense has clearly taken a step back. yes our D is better, but as of right now I would say that we as a whole have not improved. that VERY disappointing. fortunately the season is not over, and I have faith that Bo will get this team pointed in the right direction.

I won't argue that we aren't disappointing, and I didn't look at the list, but where is OU on there?

NU is two plays away from 7-1 (one fumble against ISU and one long pass play at VT). OU has three losses and started the year #3 in the country. I would put them at #1.

Ummm, OU lost to #2 Texas by what 3 points with their freshman QB. They lost to #17 Miami by 1 point. They lost the opener in which they lost their Hypseman QB by a whopping 1 point. OU is 5 points, less than 2 fieldgoals, away from being #2 in the country. We've both had disappointing seasons. However, we lost to a pretty bad Iowa State team playing their backup QB and RB in our own backyard. We also got blasted at home to what appears to be a very mediocre Texas Tech team. Now that VT is about to fall out of the rankings, the close loss to them has lost its luster.

No argument from me! I really don't care how we lost, who we lost to or what our record would be had we caught a few breaks. Right now the season is a disappointment. I love Husker football, but I'm not a kool-aid drinker. I don't think any of us should settle for the record we have, we should always expect better or else we become Iowa St, K-State, Kansas or Missouri. Were freakin Nebraska, let's keep expecting more and never settle!

When two of those are loses are to teams NU should have won and won BIG, that 5 - 3 becomes a joke. When both of those loses were at home. It becomes more than a joke.

i thought you said they weren't a joke yet... <_<