Open field tackling

NUance

The Blackshirts had some of the best open field tackles I’ve ever seen on Saturday. Time and again it would be one-on-one with room to run. And we would NAIL the Friggin Hillbilly runner dead in his tracks. BAM! No YAC at all!

The Blackshirts put on a clinic for the Friggin’ Hillbillies. It was a thing of beauty.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Don't lose it for us. But yes we did have some very good looking open field tackles against some of their best players (Murray).

Dillard's play on Brown in the 2nd Qtr was probably one of the best textbook open field tackles I've seen from the Huskers D since the 90's.

The open field tackling is far superior to what it was just two years ago. During the Clownahan error our guys would olay those open field tackles ensuring the offensive player another 15 yds or untill someone felt they had to tackle the guy. It really is amazing what good open field tackling can do, or atleast trying to just corale the guy untill help arrives.

Nobody thinks calling Sooners or their fans "_______ Hillbillies" is funny.

FYI. <_<

OP; tackling is terrific! Agreed, and it's damn fun to watch...

Other thought; we have a tailgate in Haymarket area, and see many opposing fans for each game just walking the area... Sooner fans (at least the ones who travel) are GREAT! I can't tell you how many Sooner fans told us they'd been coming to Lincoln for a very long time, and love and respect the Husker Nation.

(so i'd like to drop the whole 'Hillbillies' thing too... consider the source)

FYI. <_<

Other thought; we have a tailgate in Haymarket area, and see many opposing fans for each game just walking the area... Sooner fans (at least the ones who travel) are GREAT! I can't tell you how many Sooner fans told us they'd been coming to Lincoln for a very long time, and love and respect the Husker Nation.

...but he was excellent in every area!?!

I know...

dedhoarse

FYI. <_<

...but he was excellent in every area!?!

I know...

dedhoarse

That is the one quote I do enjoy.

FYI. <_<

Oh yeah? Well I hope I didn’t hurt your feelings, or the feelings of any of your OU Spooner buddies. I wouldn’t want to make any of you cry or anything.

Do you actually know any Sooner fans? I am not talking about the kindly old grayhairs who custom order their Depends adult diapers in OU Crimson & Cream. I mean the rabid fanatical troglodyte mouthbreathers who spend gameday screaming obscenities and hurling insults. If you spent much time with them—the rabid troglodytes, not the grayhairs—then you wouldn’t be tripping over your skirt to be so kind to them. You would use the term Friggin Hillbillies. And you would think it’s funny.

btw, do you actually have any opinion on the open field tackling in the Oklahoma Sooners game? Or were you posting in this thread just to pose as a dignified, classy, corn-cob-up-the-butt, Husker fan?

FYI. <_<

Oh yeah? Well I hope I didn’t hurt your feelings, or the feelings of any of your OU Spooner buddies. I wouldn’t want to make any of you cry or anything.

Do you actually know any Sooner fans? I am not talking about the kindly old grayhairs who custom order their Depends adult diapers in OU Crimson & Cream. I mean the rabid fanatical troglodyte mouthbreathers who spend gameday screaming obscenities and hurling insults. If you spent much time with them—the rabid troglodytes, not the grayhairs—then you wouldn’t be tripping over your skirt to be so kind to them. You would use the term Friggin Hillbillies. And you would think it’s funny.

btw, do you actually have any opinion on the open field tackling in the Oklahoma Sooners game? Or were you posting in this thread just to pose as a dignified, classy, corn-cob-up-the-butt, Husker fan?

You are correct and excellent in every area sir. :corndance

And yes, open field tackling has improved ten fold over the past two years. I used to cringe not to long ago when one was needed to bring down an opponent. Watching the Huskers play good defense again is a sweet thing to see.

FYI. <_<

So you think that droping to the level of "fanatical troglodyte mouthbreathers" as you describe the few you met, is showing them what a classy fan base Nebraska has, NOT. To bad you had that experiance. I'm sure there are a few Husker fans like that also.

But getting back to your take on the tackling, I was, and listening to the announcers, they were also really impressed by the great tackeling by these kids. They have come so far in just two years.

GBR!!!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Don't lose it for us. But yes we did have some very good looking open field tackles against some of their best players (Murray).

Dillard's play on Brown in the 2nd Qtr was probably one of the best textbook open field tackles I've seen from the Huskers D since the 90's.

I thought Dillard played like it was his last chance at getting into the NFL. He's been playing very good the past few weeks. If he continues this trend the remainder of the year, I think he's got a great shot at playing on Sundays. I just wonder what happened to make the light bulb turn on?

FYI. <_<

The tackling has been good. :corndance