Patrick Witt

Paul in WI

I like how they don't mention N's record this year, the fact we have a 3 yr guy starting, and a 4 star freshman getting some snaps too. It just makes the comparison of a 'football' factory vs an 'academic factory'

interestingly, N being number 96 isn't too shabby considering there are hundreds of schools out there.

Cornell intercepted three Witt passes. So did Brown.

It is a good idea for Witt to start hitting the books and plan for a career other than football.

Exactly. He's 100/173 with 7 TDs and 7 INTs. His QB Rating is 111.1. Not very impressive at all.

Conversely, Zac is: 123/206 with 11 TDs and and 6 INTs, with a QB Rating of 132.51. And people are pissed that he's playing so poorly.

Enjoy your education, Patrick, and make good use of it after football.

Well, there are those of you that can snooze away, but I found it mildly amusing that after all of these months there would be a November article springing up that attempts to whitewash the reason for going there as well as taking some jabs at UNL for good measure.

It is apparent from his current stats against Ivy League competition (listed above) that he would likely not have helped out our qb situation this year. Contrary to the title of the article, I don't feel "jilted" that he left for Yale, then or now. With the tone of the article, he seems to be in his element with other like-minded people. :)

Well, there are those of you that can snooze away, but I found it mildly amusing that after all of these months there would be a November article springing up that attempts to whitewash the reason for going there as well as taking some jabs at UNL for good measure.

It is apparent from his current stats against Ivy League competition (listed above) that he would likely not have helped out our qb situation this year. Contrary to the title of the article, I don't feel "jilted" that he left for Yale, then or now. With the tone of the article, he seems to be in his element with other like-minded people. :)

I did chuckle at "jilted." He'd be riding the pine right now if he were still here, likely buried behind Lee and Green. If a 111.1 QB Rating is all he can muster against Ivy League schools.... :facepalm:

Yeah. He really stiffed us, didn't he?

He wouldn't have even been playing here had he stayed. He was like a standing oak tree back there with absolutely zero running threat at all to defenses. I think he made the right decision. He had absolutely zero chance of playing football beyond college.