DT Sharrif Floyd

titanhusker

Its a safe bet to anticipate there being some turnover and kids that are currently on scholarship opting out at the end of the semester. I dont expect Collins Okafor to be a husker next year.

?

He's already used up his RS and 1 year of eligibility.. I see him staying around, although I thought that at his size and speed the staff should've moved him to LB

Collins already quit once and then came back. He is behind two true freshman that basically walked in this summer and were better than him from day one. I see him leaving and finding a program that he can actually find the field in.

I would guess they will switch him to defense like Cody Glenn / Prince.

He would have less of a chance playing there than he does at RB. Which backer is he going to beat out? Chris Williams? Eric Martin? Sean Fisher? Will Compton? Lavonte David? He would be 6 deep at that position as well.

okafor was an overhyped nebraska kid who wasted a scollie.

Its a safe bet to anticipate there being some turnover and kids that are currently on scholarship opting out at the end of the semester. I dont expect Collins Okafor to be a husker next year.

?

He's already used up his RS and 1 year of eligibility.. I see him staying around, although I thought that at his size and speed the staff should've moved him to LB

Collins already quit once and then came back. He is behind two true freshman that basically walked in this summer and were better than him from day one. I see him leaving and finding a program that he can actually find the field in.

He would have less of a chance playing there than he does at RB. Which backer is he going to beat out? Chris Williams? Eric Martin? Sean Fisher? Will Compton? Lavonte David? He would be 6 deep at that position as well.

okafor was an overhyped nebraska kid who wasted a scollie.

He was overhyped and a waste of a scollie. But not by virtue of the fact that he was from Nebraska. Not saying that you were saying that. But by interjecting that part in thats what you kind of made it sound like.

?

prince never played offense for NU. for some reason one of the TV announcers keeps incorrectly claiming that during our broadcasts.

as to mr. okafor, his chances are starting to look bleak for playing time at RB. if you couldn't do it this year with all the problems we had, then it's probably not going to happen.

prince never played offense for NU. for some reason one of the TV announcers keeps incorrectly claiming that during our broadcasts.

as to mr. okafor, his chances are starting to look bleak for playing time at RB. if you couldn't do it this year with all the problems we had, then it's probably not going to happen.

I think Amukamara was recruited as a WR, but "changed positions" when he got here based on need and with the talent he's shown at CB has stayed there. Just basing that off my memory though, could be wrong.

I believe the JUCOs arriving in January may also be counted towards last year’s class.

Yep. How many schollies do we have available from last year?

That isn't the issue, the overall 85 limit is. A school can take 25 players EACH year, NU will not come close to 25 this year so they have no annual scholarship crunch. The issue is that they don't have a lot of room against the overall team limit of 85, doesn't matter if it counts for last year or this year the issue is that they all count towards the 85.

Thanks, I knew that but had a brain fart. Well, if anybody leaves the program (and there's usually 2-5 each year), then those schollies will be immediately useful. I'm not as worried as others that we don't have enough schollies. Attrition from both current players and decommits always seems to work out.

I think Amukamara was recruited as a WR, but "changed positions" when he got here based on need and with the talent he's shown at CB has stayed there. Just basing that off my memory though, could be wrong.

pretty sure he was a talented running back in high school (not sure if he played both ways) and was recruited as an athlete. i think there may have been consideration for using him on offense, but he was always on defense here.

pretty sure he was a talented running back in high school (not sure if he played both ways) and was recruited as an athlete. i think there may have been consideration for using him on offense, but he was always on defense here.

I too thought he played RB in HS, and wanted to play on offense when he got here. But I guess we were either loaded at RB or in need of playmakers on D. I for one am glad he stuck it out at corner. :horns2

• 5 weeks later...

committed to Florida

Florida had a huge day yesterday. Just imagine if Chris Martin was still committed.

For what it's worth A-Rod held his own very well against this guy in the Army game. Not saying that Floyd isn't good, but that A-Rod is as advertised He manhandled the Alabama DT commit. GBR!!