Rams fan asking about Suh.

The thing I'll probably remember most about him is his hand work in the trenches...fighting off blocks and disrupting passes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Suh change the DT position..Sorta like LT did with OLBs back in the day.

It will be fun to see a team experiment with him..Make him a hybrid LB/DL/FS and just pick his spot depending on the Offensive teams allignment.

Yes I believe it was a pre-season injury or very early in the season. I believe that the rams made a mistake moving him inside.

Lets just say I haven't seen anyone play as technically sound as Suh in years. He always has the flat back, the great footwork, superb weight distribution and motivational drive to be elite on every snap.

He's probably the smartest on field Defensive Lineman I've ever seen. He knows exactly where he is relative to the ball at nearly every instant and he can make moves off his blocker and to the ball carrier like I haven't seen since Reggie White.

He uses his powerful shoulder drive a bit excessively (mostly because it just flat out works at this level for him) but he's used nearly all the essential techniques an elite DT would use at the next level, he will just need to learn to rely on them a bit more and refine his instinct to which move will work best against the different styles of NFL linemen.

All in all a virtual lock to be an all pro lineman and the potential of a hall of fame player. Whether he achieves that depends on the coaching and health he is afforded at the next level of play but odds at this point for enormous success are extremely high.

Can anyone imagine us discussing Suh like this had he have had the privilege to have played under Cosgrove's watchful eye another two years?

At least with Cosgrove's defense it wasn't so boring. I mean, 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out, woah, they got a first down! Int the next play. 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out, etc.

If you ask me, he spends a lot of the time just overpowering offensive linemen, but only because he can get away with it. Once that doesn't work, there is no doubt in my mind he will find something equally effective to do in order to get penetration.

Oh, and you will never, ever, see a 6'4" 300 pounder with the agility, speed and footwork that Suh has.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Suh is extremely powerful. If you were to watch his highlights, you can see that he just blows opposing linemen right off the line and pretty much does whatever he wants to them. He has an immense amount of power, often swatting away linemen like paper. A great highlight of his is during the 2009 Oklahoma game. Right before a WR for OU got tackled, Suh took one arm and pushed an OU linemen five feet back and onto his back. He pancaked an o-linemen with one arm.

Suh's greatest asset is, however, his agility. He could make plays all over the field. Numerous times this year you would see him running 5-10 yards behind him to make a tackle on a RB or WR who broke loose. He also sacked one of the most mobile quarterbacks, Colt McCoy, 4 times.

His second greatest asset is his knowledge of the game. He always seems to know where to go before the ball is snapped.

If I was a team like the Rams or Chiefs or any other bottom feeder I would trade down if I could. Teams like this need more help than just one guy and could use as many picks in the draft as they can get.

If I was a borderline team like say Houston, Atlanta, Bears(Oh God please), San Fran, Miami I would look to move up to get him. It would depend on alot of other factors with how the team is set at QB, RB, WR, and other spots. I just really think the right team could move up to get him and he might immediately next year make them a guaranteed playoff team.

I will punish myself after saying this, but one team I think that would use him the best would be the Pats (oh man, that hurt to say). Here's my own punishment. :nutz

The real question will be the Ram's needs. Having Suh would help but can they get help in several spots by trading the pick. I am sure that every season that a team has the first pick they look at that. It will be interesting. As with all picks it will all boil down to how much someone wants him. I really doubt he'll be in a Ram's uniform. They need to trade him for a whole new team!!!

I think Suh might be better in the 4-3 vice the 3-4. His superior athleticism allows him to do things like rank in the top 100 for passes defensed. His instinct and intelligence is amazing. He reads plays very well. I've never seen himself over penetrate, or take himself out of a play. His motor never stops whistle to whistle. He is always around the ball and sets himself up to be in the right place at the right time; watch the highlight of his INT vs Mizzou. He's got a great first step to rush, or he can engage and shed at the right time. Excited to see him play no matter what team and what formation.

If I was a team like the Rams or Chiefs or any other bottom feeder I would trade down if I could.

Well, you can't. At least, it's pretty hard to do. Pretty much no one is going to give up the picks and take the salary hit that #1 pick requires. I'm sure every team would like to pull a Ricky Williams or Herschel Walker type trade (tons of picks for one guy/pick), but the guys dumb enough to do that don't stay in the league very long.

So you may as well pick the once-in-a-generation D tackle when he's available.