Coulda-Woulda-Shoulda Husker

ESPY

Tracey Wistrom

Maybe I'm thinking of a different TE (or Wistrom), but didn't Tracey do really well while at NU. How does he fit in this group?

That's what I was thinking. Here's his bio from Huskers.com

Verizon/CoSIDA First-Team Academic All-American (2001)

National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete

2001 Third-Team All-American (AP, The Sporting News)

Two-Time Verizon/CoSIDA Academic All-District (2000, 2001)

Three-time First-Team Academic All-Big 12 (1999, 2000, 2001)

Two-Time John Mackey Award Semifinalist (2000, 2001)

2001 Team Captain

2001 Co-Guy Chamberlain Award Winner

2001 Third-Team All-Big 12 (Coaches)

2001 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (AP)

2001 Rotary Lombardi Watch List

2000 Third-Team All-American (AP, Collegefootballnews.com)

2000 Honorable-Mention All-American (CNNSI.com)

2000 First-Team All-Big 12 (AP, Coaches, Football News, Sporting News, Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle)

1999 First-Team All-Big 12 (AP, Coaches, Dallas Morning News, Kansas City Star, Austin American Statesman, San Antonio News Express)

School Record for Career Receiving Yards (1,150) by a Tight End

Tied School Record for Most TD Receptions in a Game with Three vs. Iowa, 2000

School Season Record for Best Receiving Average (26.8 ypc, 1999)

Three-Time Big 12 Commissioner's Fall Academic Honor Roll (1998, 1999. 2000)

Three-Time Big 12 Commissioner's Spring Academic Honor Roll (1999, 2000, 2001)

Nebraska's all-time tight end receiving yardage leader on the field and a first-team Verizon/CoSIDA Academic All-American in the classroom, Tracey Wistrom enjoyed a stellar four-year career at Nebraska.

Wistrom finished his career with 1,150 receiving yards to surpass Junior Miller's previous school mark of 1,045 from 1977 to 1979. His 58 career receptions rank 12th all time at Nebraska and second among Husker tight ends. He appeared in 45 regular-season games and made 24 starts, including 11 in 2001. As a senior, Wistrom hauled in 21 catches for 323 yards, despite being slowed by a knee injury for the last five games of the season and missing the Texas Tech contest.

A third-team All-American by AP as a junior and a senior, Wistrom was a John Mackey Award semifinalist for both seasons and was elected one of five captains by his teammates in 2001. A two-time first-team All-Big 12 selection, the Webb City, Mo. native also earned a spot on the preseason Lombardi Award Watch List.

A three-time first-team Academic All-Big 12 honoree, Wistrom was named one of 16 National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame Scholar-Athletes. He was awarded an $18,000 postgraduate scholarship, and he graduated in May 2002.

Wistrom produced three 100-yard receiving games in his career, the most by a Husker tight end since Johnny Mitchell had three in 1990 and 1991. Fourteen of Wistrom's 58 career receptions went for 25 yards or more. He caught at least one pass in 12 straight regular-season games, from Oct. 21, 2000 against Baylor, to Oct. 27, 2001 versus Oklahoma.

Mine is Suh....I wish he would have played up to his potential. I was kind of disappointed in his results. :corndance

No, seriously, you guys/gals have done a great job IMO... the Randy Stella, Evans, and Newcombe are all outstanding examples.

The other guy who immediately came to my mind was David Horne. I believe he was a 5 star recruit from Omaha and was a top NATIONAL recruit. He never really found his nitche' at nU and transfered to UNI and helped them to the NC game. Would have been nice to see another Omaha kid turn great to follow the likes of K.Jones, C. Jones, A. Green, etc..

Tracey Wistrom

Maybe I'm thinking of a different TE (or Wistrom), but didn't Tracey do really well while at NU. How does he fit in this group?

That's what I was thinking. Here's his bio from Huskers.com

Verizon/CoSIDA First-Team Academic All-American (2001)

National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame Scholar-Athlete

2001 Third-Team All-American (AP, The Sporting News)

Two-Time Verizon/CoSIDA Academic All-District (2000, 2001)

Three-time First-Team Academic All-Big 12 (1999, 2000, 2001)

Two-Time John Mackey Award Semifinalist (2000, 2001)

2001 Team Captain

2001 Co-Guy Chamberlain Award Winner

2001 Third-Team All-Big 12 (Coaches)

2001 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (AP)

2001 Rotary Lombardi Watch List

2000 Third-Team All-American (AP, Collegefootballnews.com)

2000 Honorable-Mention All-American (CNNSI.com)

2000 First-Team All-Big 12 (AP, Coaches, Football News, Sporting News, Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle)

1999 First-Team All-Big 12 (AP, Coaches, Dallas Morning News, Kansas City Star, Austin American Statesman, San Antonio News Express)

School Record for Career Receiving Yards (1,150) by a Tight End

Tied School Record for Most TD Receptions in a Game with Three vs. Iowa, 2000

School Season Record for Best Receiving Average (26.8 ypc, 1999)

Three-Time Big 12 Commissioner's Fall Academic Honor Roll (1998, 1999. 2000)

Three-Time Big 12 Commissioner's Spring Academic Honor Roll (1999, 2000, 2001)

Nebraska's all-time tight end receiving yardage leader on the field and a first-team Verizon/CoSIDA Academic All-American in the classroom, Tracey Wistrom enjoyed a stellar four-year career at Nebraska.

Wistrom finished his career with 1,150 receiving yards to surpass Junior Miller's previous school mark of 1,045 from 1977 to 1979. His 58 career receptions rank 12th all time at Nebraska and second among Husker tight ends. He appeared in 45 regular-season games and made 24 starts, including 11 in 2001. As a senior, Wistrom hauled in 21 catches for 323 yards, despite being slowed by a knee injury for the last five games of the season and missing the Texas Tech contest.

A third-team All-American by AP as a junior and a senior, Wistrom was a John Mackey Award semifinalist for both seasons and was elected one of five captains by his teammates in 2001. A two-time first-team All-Big 12 selection, the Webb City, Mo. native also earned a spot on the preseason Lombardi Award Watch List.

A three-time first-team Academic All-Big 12 honoree, Wistrom was named one of 16 National Football Foundation and College Football Hall of Fame Scholar-Athletes. He was awarded an $18,000 postgraduate scholarship, and he graduated in May 2002.

Wistrom produced three 100-yard receiving games in his career, the most by a Husker tight end since Johnny Mitchell had three in 1990 and 1991. Fourteen of Wistrom's 58 career receptions went for 25 yards or more. He caught at least one pass in 12 straight regular-season games, from Oct. 21, 2000 against Baylor, to Oct. 27, 2001 versus Oklahoma.

It's just my opinion, Tracey came in highly regarded due to his ability and his last name and I guess I thought he was never as good as was expected

The stats you provided don't really back up my claim so maybe my memory isn't so good or maybe my expectations were unreasonable

Joe Dailey - I remember when Nebraska was killing Troy and the Crowd was chanting Daileys name and when he entered the ball game the crowd just erupted in cheers, its a shame that Dailey didn't live up to the hype. Joe Dailey reminds me of Cody Green of this past season and here is my reason. When Jamal Lord wasn't doing so good I remember people chanting for Daileys name and same thing happened this year with Zac Lee struggling and Husker fans wanted Green in the game.

1. Terrel Farley- I think he was either adopted or in foster care as a child, but either way he had a tough childhood. Freakish ability to be around the ball. Had alot of demons

2. Kenny Wilson- seemed like he was going to break into the rotation and then that whole tv deal.

3. Cody Glenn- loved him as a running back, loved that he willing switched to LB, and then proof-gone

4. Joe Daily- kid was caught in a trap when BC came.