The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Went back to Assassin's Creed III. I actualy don't mind spending the money for the Season Pass on games. New downloads that add to the game and I'm ok with that. I can put the game down for a bit and go back and new stuff so it doesnt get boring and I fell like I get my monies worth. Call me crazy or stupid but it's all good with me.

Went back to Assassin's Creed III. I actualy don't mind spending the money for the Season Pass on games. New downloads that add to the game and I'm ok with that. I can put the game down for a bit and go back and new stuff so it doesnt get boring and I fell like I get my monies worth. Call me crazy or stupid but it's all good with me.

I've been playing AC3 too again, and I purchased the season pass. I think the season pass is a great idea, so long as they release sufficient amount of content for it, which it looks like they'll be doing.

People can complain about paying for DLC all they want - it's the name of the game now. And with the amount of gameplay hours I've gotten out of AC3, along with the upcoming DLC, it's totally worth the the price tag. I don't have much time for video games, so when I get one, I want to get a lot out of it and play it into the ground. The AC series has always done that for me.

I want to buy Tomb Raider

If/when you get the cash for it, it is well worth it. It has more in common with the Uncharted series than the old Tomb Raider games. The Lara Croft char is very well developed, not like the older games where only her boobs were. The game is very story driven, and has a good one. Its cool to play through the origin story in the reboot. I'm about 60% completion right now and have loved the game.

I want to buy Tomb Raider

If/when you get the cash for it, it is well worth it. It has more in common with the Uncharted series than the old Tomb Raider games. The Lara Croft char is very well developed, not like the older games where only her boobs were. The game is very story driven, and has a good one. Its cool to play through the origin story in the reboot. I'm about 60% completion right now and have loved the game.

I can second this emotion, FWIW. Got it for free with my new Graphics Card, but I would have paid full price day one for it. A great cross of old Tomb Raider with new Uncharted-style play, mixed with a bit of stealth for good measure.

And the game is absolutely stunning to look at running on Ultra settings. Truly a next-gen game already here.

I've been playing AC3 too again, and I purchased the season pass. I think the season pass is a great idea, so long as they release sufficient amount of content for it, which it looks like they'll be doing.

People can complain about paying for DLC all they want - it's the name of the game now. And with the amount of gameplay hours I've gotten out of AC3, along with the upcoming DLC, it's totally worth the the price tag. I don't have much time for video games, so when I get one, I want to get a lot out of it and play it into the ground. The AC series has always done that for me.

I agree. Right now I have plenty of time to play video games. In 18 months though not so much. I liked the DLC for Skyrim, AC and Borderlands 2. I will not buy the downloadable content for any Sports games though. I feel those are a waste.

I agree. Right now I have plenty of time to play video games. In 18 months though not so much. I liked the DLC for Skyrim, AC and Borderlands 2. I will not buy the downloadable content for any Sports games though. I feel those are a waste.

For some games, like Skyrim, the DLC is what used to be 'expansions.' Like Oblivion had 'The Shimmering Isles' that you could go buy in dvd form. The devs just cut out the middlemen now when it comes to adding content. And some people complaining about it don't remember expansion packs for PC games. Or they never played on PC and were only used to living only with the on disc/cartridge content.

Spec Ops - The Line. Just started this one. Anyone else play this?

I'm about half way through it. I like it, much better writing than usual shooters.

I beat it last night, The last major combat section is a pita, and played through a couple chapters again after. Definitely not your usual story for a game. And actually more like a movie script really. The ending drops so much of the earlier game, and events into a new light. Worth playing for the story alone if honestly, especially if you can score it cheap (Got it on a Steam sale, love those)

I'm working on that one right now, got it free with PSN Plus, I'm impressed so far, I think I'm on chapter 10 or so.

Spec Ops - The Line. Just started this one. Anyone else play this?

I'm about half way through it. I like it, much better writing than usual shooters.

I beat it last night, The last major combat section is a pita, and played through a couple chapters again after. Definitely not your usual story for a game. And actually more like a movie script really. The ending drops so much of the earlier game, and events into a new light. Worth playing for the story alone if honestly, especially if you can score it cheap (Got it on a Steam sale, love those)

I'm working on that one right now, got it free with PSN Plus, I'm impressed so far, I think I'm on chapter 10 or so.

You will probably want to replay the last chapter after you finish. Its nice that it lets you select chapter after and can play through the last one again to see the different endings. There is a movie quality twist at the end if you have not caught the subtle clues yet.