The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Eh, ESO is just an average MMO that's pretty forgettable, I wouldn't sweat not playing that (minus the fact that you paid for it).

As for D3 and the Crusader, that's interesting. Have you tried playing with your skills? My Crusader isn't at 70, so I can't really comment from personal experience on that class. I do know my Monk felt extremely average until I played with my skills some and switched things up, then he started murdering. And I'm sure he's not optimal in terms of skills, either.

Also, do you have synergy on your other classes with respect to their skills and the +damage attributes on items that aren't taken into account with the Damage stat? +damage on AOE can make a big difference if you have several of them, just like running a fire Monk with a bunch of +fire damage bits on items. But none of that shows up in the damage stat.

Eh, ESO is just an average MMO that's pretty forgettable, I wouldn't sweat not playing that (minus the fact that you paid for it).

As for D3 and the Crusader, that's interesting. Have you tried playing with your skills? My Crusader isn't at 70, so I can't really comment from personal experience on that class. I do know my Monk felt extremely average until I played with my skills some and switched things up, then he started murdering. And I'm sure he's not optimal in terms of skills, either.

Also, do you have synergy on your other classes with respect to their skills and the +damage attributes on items that aren't taken into account with the Damage stat? +damage on AOE can make a big difference if you have several of them, just like running a fire Monk with a bunch of +fire damage bits on items. But none of that shows up in the damage stat.

I like the Crusader and the play style, just think it could use some fine tuning, which is really to be expected on a new class. Picked up a few gear upgrades(269k damage, 7.5mill toughness, 12k healing), and its been smoother. Still not a lightning fast killer, but its pretty durable. I'm running a holy build, using the passive of gaining 1% life when I do holy damage, which does make for a hard to kill char.

I like the Crusader and the play style, just think it could use some fine tuning, which is really to be expected on a new class. Picked up a few gear upgrades(269k damage, 7.5mill toughness, 12k healing), and its been smoother. Still not a lightning fast killer, but its pretty durable. I'm running a holy build, using the passive of gaining 1% life when I do holy damage, which does make for a hard to kill char.

If you're solo leveling, thats a pretty big deal. When I was playing WoW, either a Druid or a Paladin seemed the way to go...

with mario kart 8 coming out next month, i went back to mario kart wii to brush up on some skills :)

more like, learn the skills that i never did. i remember only using the wiimote to steer, which was quite easy, and playing mostly casually a lot with friends - aka what almost everyone does with mario kart. but if you do it that way getting the expert times on time trial is all but impossible. so i'm trying to learn how to use the controller with the manual drift properly - harder than it sounds because it's harder than in previous mario kart games. plus, to be any sort of ACTUAL good, you have to perform tricks (hit one of the d-pad directions as soon as possible after a jump) and also perform and cancel wheelies on the bikes at the proper time. Both of these get you speed boosts. So your typical sequence will be like, Boost to start. Immediately do wheelie. Cancel wheelie. Drift into turn manually, getting a drift boost. Immediately perform wheelie. Jump coming up - cancel wheelie, jump, do trick immediately, land, immediately perform wheelie. Oh crap need to turn slightly - cancel wheelie, drift-turn, immediately wheelie again. And so on.

After you figure out what it takes to get reeeeeeally good (not just beat your friends a lot good) you can see how the difficulty skyrockets, but I like that. Kinda difficult to get the hang of, but after a couple of hours of practice I've gotten pretty comfortable. Not good, by any means, but at least semi-comfortable with the controls. Now to beat the expert ghost times and get star rankings on all of the cups that i missed so I can unlock the last 3 characters and last 7 carts...

By the way, MK8 looks incredible http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8