The Official "What Are You Playing Now?" Thread

Hey--anyone that's been toying with the idea of picking up a Wii U (obviously for the first party titles...), they've got a bundle coming out the end of May for $330 with the following:

-Wii U 32GB Deluxe System w/GamePad

-WiiU Wiimote (Mario-themed)

-Steering Wheel (Cheap plastic doohickey)

-Mario Kart 8 (lookin' good...)

And if you register the Mario Kart 8 game on the Club Nintendo website before July 31, you get one of the following titles for free (via download):

-New Super Mario Bros. U

-Zelda: Wind Waker HD

-Pikmin 3

-Wii Party U

Two games and an extra Wiimote for only $30 more than the current deluxe bundle is a great deal if you're interested in picking up a Wii U. This will probably force my hand to get one this summer...

Wii U is great. Love mine; if you like Nintendo titles then you won't be disappointed. Have you watched the MK8 Nintendo Direct that came out yesterday? It's on youtube... I may or may not have jizzed a bit in my pants. I will be getting Pikmin 3 as my free game I think. What a great deal!

• Fire 2

Going to load up Dark Souls 2 on PC in a few. I have been looking forward to this one for awhile.

How is it? I still need to play Dark Souls 1. Everyone says it's a must-play.

Very good. Definitely holds to the reputation of being very hard. I would absolutely say the first is a must play, and the second one if you liked the first. Though you will not be missing out on a story component if you decide just to go to DS2.

Wii U is great. Love mine; if you like Nintendo titles then you won't be disappointed. Have you watched the MK8 Nintendo Direct that came out yesterday? It's on youtube... I may or may not have jizzed a bit in my pants. I will be getting Pikmin 3 as my free game I think. What a great deal!

It's an incredible deal...and the Mario Kart 8 ND was great too.

I just worry about Nintendo, though--they've got a *LOT* of IPs they're doing jack and s**t with, and if they would get on the ball and farm some of them out, the Wii U would easily have more games worth stopping down for than the PS4/XB1 combined.

Still, I'll probably bite come May when the MK8 bundle shows up. Got $30 in TRU rewards to burn through, plus another $20 off a Wii U bundle coupon to use. Though, if they knock the price down on the SMB bundle, I may just go with that and pick up MK8 (and Wind Waker HD).

By the way, Tschu, have they mentioned if people can play MK8 with the 'regular' controller instead of a WiiMote or the Touchpad controller? I'd rather just get one of those than a WiiMote if I can help it.

Oh yeah. It will support the Wii U Pro Controller (which is really, really good by the way). It will also support the Wii Classic controller, so if you have one of those and like it, you can save yourself the 50 bucks and wait on the Pro Controller

Oh yeah. It will support the Wii U Pro Controller (which is really, really good by the way). It will also support the Wii Classic controller, so if you have one of those and like it, you can save yourself the 50 bucks and wait on the Pro Controller

Nope. Have GameCube controllers all over the place, though--only thing I'm using a free Wii I was given is for GC play at 480p.

F-Zero looks great at 480p. A 1080p F-Zero would look even better...but damn if Nintendo doesn't have their head up their ass on that one.

I just picked up playing the Batman Arkham series.....excellent games. I've heard good things and I am impressed with RockSteady's work.

I beat the story mode already in Arkham Asylum and now I am onto Arkham City. I've played a bit of Origins and loved it. Never knew I would get into a button smasher, adventure game. Pretty solid. I recommend.

• Fire 1

Just got into Don't Starve, and I see where they're adding an online co-op mode to it this summer.

Just wish there was a way to make multiple save states...really bummed about one-and-done (or two if you find the Resurrection shrine) play with that game.