Why NU will not win the Big 12 and the north in 2010

tman

No no no no and no. We had 4 turnovers, forced 6. Thats a +2 in the turnover margin which is pretty good. We held Idaho to 176 total yards before the 98 yard drive against the back-ups. We had 10 penalties that basically tied one arm behind the offense's back (T-mart had that touchdown that was called back). We scored later, but we were sloppy.

Our D was simply tired at the end of the half otherwise Idaho would have been shut out through 2 quarters since we had run two picks back and didn't have a single offensive play in the last 8 minutes-ish.

Our Offense had 471 yards with two people over 100 yards rushing and Rex was close too (over 100 total yards).

Taylor actually had MORE rushing yards this week than last and looked decent passing. He had the one bad throw which was followed by a late break by niles on the next play. He threw one on the money to Rex later. IMO we would pass comfortably if we had to, but we don't right now so we take what they give us which was 200+ rushing yards by halftime.

We looked really impressive especially considering how ba the score could have been if Tray doesnt fumble on the one, the LT picks up the block so T doesnt fumble, and the last TD was on our 3rd stringers. (Andrew Green Sighting).

PLUS tmarts pick involved him somehow avoiding a huge rush, and staying up long enough to try and make a play which is always a good thing.

However, if we ever have 10 penalties for 123 yards again this year, I am going to sh** on an inanimate object.

Sorry, but beating a QB with an NFL future (and with 5 int's no less), and beating a team that went 8-5 last year by 21 points, idk how this can be so bad given the above reasons as well.

rant.gif

You ignored that our offense put the ball on the turf 8 times today, and made it to the red zone 5 times and only came away with 1 TD and 1 FG. 10 points out of 5 trips to the red zone is pathetic against a defense like Idaho, pathetic.

No no no no and no. We had 4 turnovers, forced 6. Thats a +2 in the turnover margin which is pretty good. We held Idaho to 176 total yards before the 98 yard drive against the back-ups. We had 10 penalties that basically tied one arm behind the offense's back (T-mart had that touchdown that was called back). We scored later, but we were sloppy.

Our D was simply tired at the end of the half otherwise Idaho would have been shut out through 2 quarters since we had run two picks back and didn't have a single offensive play in the last 8 minutes-ish.

Our Offense had 471 yards with two people over 100 yards rushing and Rex was close too (over 100 total yards).

Taylor actually had MORE rushing yards this week than last and looked decent passing. He had the one bad throw which was followed by a late break by niles on the next play. He threw one on the money to Rex later. IMO we would pass comfortably if we had to, but we don't right now so we take what they give us which was 200+ rushing yards by halftime.

We looked really impressive especially considering how ba the score could have been if Tray doesnt fumble on the one, the LT picks up the block so T doesnt fumble, and the last TD was on our 3rd stringers. (Andrew Green Sighting).

PLUS tmarts pick involved him somehow avoiding a huge rush, and staying up long enough to try and make a play which is always a good thing.

However, if we ever have 10 penalties for 123 yards again this year, I am going to sh** on an inanimate object.

Sorry, but beating a QB with an NFL future (and with 5 int's no less), and beating a team that went 8-5 last year by 21 points, idk how this can be so bad given the above reasons as well.

rant.gif

You ignored that our offense put the ball on the turf 8 times today, and made it to the red zone 5 times and only came away with 1 TD and 1 FG. 10 points out of 5 trips to the red zone is pathetic against a defense like Idaho, pathetic.

This.

It was a good win but the team has got to get these relaxing tendencies out of their head. Just because you are up by four scores and obviously going to win the game doesn't mean you should let up.

Looking around the league tonight....

0 Turnovers: Texas, KSU (still playing)

1 Turnover: OU, KU

2 Turnovers: MU (forced 6), TT (still playing), Baylor (still playing)

3 Turnovers: ISU,

4 Turnovers: TAM (still playing), Nebraska

5 Turnovers: CU, OSU (still playing)

I don't like the looks of things....KSU can beat us with their running game and capitalize on our TOs...Texas still has a solid D that can capitalize on our mistakes...

We have to solve the turnover problem. After today's game I'd be a little concerned with our team ever jumping out on top and holding a lead...

After watching today, some problems, some positives, I would not be surprised to see Zac start next week. He manages the game, can make the passing attack work and will handle preasure better. No knock against T at all. Just a slight of hand by the staff, knocking Washington off balance for the game.

I am not as down on the team as some here. We are playing early games, with less than stellar opponents. I think the kids know that and kinda let down a little.

I see what I always want to see, the kids trying as hard as they can while the game is in doubt.

We will see a different team next week is my guess. In a lot of ways.

Lee Starting next week????????? i dont think so not to dis lee but he cant run the zone read worth a damn and he very skitish when he is out side the pocket. T mart might be a red shirt freshman but he can manage the game better then lee thats for sure.

Why Nebraska will win the big 12 north:

1. Bo Pelini

2. Defense

3. Alex Henery

4. Offense will get their act together

5. Bo Pelini

5. little red

you got it wrong. I think we start letting him play O-line some this year, can you imagine the running lanes this guy will create?

lil_red1.jpg

and i found this just too spice this thread up a bit.

erinandrews.jpg

Lightening don't strike twice folks. First freakish ISU game, now we replay the ISU game only with a different team. I never in a million years would think we'd dump the ball on the ground AGAIN like we did that horrible day vs. ISU. Something is fundamentally wrong going on on the offensive side of the ball. They need to figure it out in a hurry otherwise this will be a long year for our Huskers when conference play start. Give Missouri 8 turnovers and we'll be launched back in time to the Texas Tech game. Let KSU get in our red zone from bunches of turnovers and see what they'll do.

rant.gif

Can it be corrected? Is it too late? How do you correct it?

Why NU will win the North and the Conference

1. The fumbles you saw today are uncharacteristic of everyone BUT Niles Paul

2. Our defense will be good enough to allow the offense to make a minor mistake or two per game. Nothing like giving them the ball inside their own redzone, but our defense will be able to bail out the offense after a mistake or two.

Lightening don't strike twice folks. First freakish ISU game, now we replay the ISU game only with a different team. I never in a million years would think we'd dump the ball on the ground AGAIN like we did that horrible day vs. ISU. Something is fundamentally wrong going on on the offensive side of the ball. They need to figure it out in a hurry otherwise this will be a long year for our Huskers when conference play start. Give Missouri 8 turnovers and we'll be launched back in time to the Texas Tech game. Let KSU get in our red zone from bunches of turnovers and see what they'll do.

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling" said chicken little.