Roy Helu Jr.

Landlord

Extremely impressed with him today. Guy ran with a purpose. That ~12 yarder to the right that got called back for a clip was mighty impressive, I've never seen him lower himself into tacklers and take them straight on like that before. No nonsense running, I loved it.

That's all.

My buddy and I were saying the same thing as well. I don't think I've ever seen him look as tough running the ball and that's about as fast as he's ever looked too. He looked great today.

I believe he needs something like 880 yards to be 4th on the all time list of husker up there with names like Rozier, Green, and Crouch. It will have been well earned and he had a hell of a game today. I often think as fans we get excited about the younger players and overlook Helu's great contrbutions.

Amen brotha..

A healthy Helu is a stud. I can only imagine Helu on OU's offense.. woh..

Meh, I still think Helu has vision issues that he needs to get corrected from time to time. His explosiveness is always good in the off season but usually struggles through conference play because of injuries, etc. He's never really shown to have the break away touchdown speed needed to win big games. Perfect example would have been VaTech and Oklahoma last year, where he had career rushing days yet failed to reach the end zone.

Overall though, very solid performance from him on Saturday and I hope he can keep this up throughout the season.

Every time he touches the ball, you feel he can go any time. Just explosive runner. The speed and vision, coupled with the power we've been seeing... That is what makes him so special.

is it bad that, to me, every time he touches the ball i wonder if hes going to go down to injury? i think its wise to use him as we are this year so far. 20+plus carries a game is going to do nothing but kill him once again. its been proven. dont even deny it.

Yeah I've always like Roy Helu. As scary as it is after Javid Best's injury I still love every hurdle he makes. And I think he'll get rolling in conference play and probably next week. Game one he had what 4 carries....saw him miss a cut to bounce outside and usually he hits his gap when it's there. Anxious to see yesterday's game cause he sounded much better. Glad we have Rex to help with the workload this year.

Was it my imagination or did he seem a little despondent in the post game presser. I'm guessing he; and the rest of the team are getting tired of the media frenzy and questions about T-mart. They sure do ask some stupid ones.

I'm sure the Pelini post-game temper tantrum in the locker room had something to do with that but...he really seemed like he wasn't himself. Almost like someone who's not having fun playing A GAME anymore.

Sometimes...this obsessive drive to "perfection" seems a little psychotic. But that's jmo.

I think we are going to see the same thing as far as roy getting his touches in the three powder puff non conference games. I would bet that Roy gets at least 15 carries against Washington. The two things that I really like about Rex and Roy not getting a ton of carries the first two games are:

1) They are completely fresh and as of right now not dinged up at all

2) The fact that T-Mart has been keeping the ball and has proven that he can take it the distance if given a crease is only going to open the running lanes for the backs. You don't think that Washington is going to see that Martinez has been keeping the ball instead of giving it? You don't think that our offensive coaches aren't going to self scout and give it to the backs a little more? Not to say that Martinez won't get his touches, just that I think we'll see some big runs from the backs, Roy in particular.